Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Used .22 Rifles >

Used .22 Rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Used .22 Rifles

Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Used .22 Rifles

My father and I are looking to sell several guns in order to buy some new ones. I have looked up their used value on various sites, but wanted to get some feedback from people herre.

We have two .22 Marlin Glenfields that are in good shape, but far from mint condition. Same with a Ruger 10/22.

Thought about trying to do a sell/trade with Gander Mountain, but dunno if they will give anything near a fair price. Anyone with experience with them.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sell outright.
We have a couple local forums that people sell guns on all the time.
No way that Gander would touch the prices you could get selling outright.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

Default used guns

sell them in the forums. you will get better price. i have seen marlin 60s go for 100 to 135. rugars around 135 to 165. thats what i have seen at VA. gun shows.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ten thousand post and you don't know what a Marlin 22 or a 10/22 is worth or how to sell them??? LMFAO
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Suckydog: I see that reading comprehension remains a challenge for you. But it is nice to know that i have a fan who keeps track of all my posts. I took an 11 minute dump at 7:43 this morning, if you want to add that to your database

Pnut: Thanks, I have never sold a gun to a store. I figured that they would lowball folks on sales, but thought there was a possibility that they might do better in offer trade credit if one is going to buy a gun of much higher value there.

Wghuffman: Thanks. Those sound like very good prices for these guns in your area. I saw much more modest prices while surfing on the internet. But, i know that gun prices can differ widely from region to region which is why i wanted to get some generally feedback from folks. I had initially thought about going the gun show route. But, the main issue is having to rent the booth at the gun show and then spend all the time there that it would take to sell everything.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Jack, but i think that even GM could do better than $100 bucks for all three guns. Would love to get the gunshow prices that wghuffman mentioned.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Thanks Jack, but i think that even GM could do better than $100 bucks for all three guns. Would love to get the gunshow prices that wghuffman mentioned.
I would seriously doubt that. I'm not even sure they would accept them unless they were immaculate and then they'd offer you $100 for the three of them.

Tom
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, its really that bad with those folks. Considering how much they want for used Rugers and Glenfields they are sure taking folks to the cleaners.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are in business to make money. If they give you what it's worth then they can't make a buck. One bad one would burn up a whole pile of profitable ones. Consider what you'd pay for a gun if you're looking to make a buck. Now multiply that by thousands and consider what would happen if you couldn't sell a few.

Tom
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well if you are paying 30 bucks for Ruger 10/22's and then selling them for $120 you sure aint gonna go broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.