Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 savage111 fcxp3 >

savage111 fcxp3

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

savage111 fcxp3

Old 06-16-2003, 06:18 PM

Default savage111 fcxp3

i got this gun and wanted to see if anyone else had good times hunting with it and if anyone was really accurate to 400 yrds with it....also where could i get a 1/8 in steal ball.... thank u
Old 06-20-2003, 05:04 PM

Default RE: savage111 fcxp3

also a good long distance scope and where can i get a nice stock for it too
Old 07-02-2003, 12:44 PM

X
Old 07-02-2003, 01:18 PM

OK, I' ll give this my best shot. I haven' t used the Savage 111, but my dad had a Savage for 25-odd years and shot rings around all sorts of guys. I don' t doubt that the gun has the potential to shoot 400 yards. Also, after checking it online, it comes in a bunch of really wonderful long-range calibers - which is yours?

Wood stock? Synthetic? What are you looking for? I know when my dad cracked his wood stock on the gun, it cost almost as much as a new gun to restock it to synthetic - something about it being one of the lesser-known guns.

Quite a few companies make a good long distance scope - Leupold, Pentax, and Nikon off the top of my head make good scopes at a reasonable price. A little more about what you' re looking for would help.

1/8 steel ball? Is that a shotgun or muzzleloader term? I' m not familiar.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at www.midwayusa. com for stocks. For laminate stocks you can also check out Richard' s Microfit at www.rifle-stocks.com
Old 07-02-2003, 02:37 PM

Sharp Shooter Supply makes a full line of Savage aftermarket items including a super synthetic stock in sporter,varmint,and thumbhole with an alum. internal bedding block for accuracy.He also does barrels,triggers,recoil lugs,and action work.You can also buy the new savage laminate stock thats on their B series guns.
For scopes the Conquest,Vari X ll and lll,Elite 4200/3200,Nikon Monarch,Weaver Grand Slam,and Sightrons are all good choices for glass.
woods