Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
hornady or cci >

hornady or cci

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

hornady or cci

Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

CCI, Federal, Winchester, Remington and Hornady are all loaded here at CCI in Lewiston, Idaho with a V-max bullet are identical, with the exception of tip color. Manufactured on the same equip, to the same ballistic specs, using the same components other than color of the tip of the bullets. Obviously the shellcase 'head stamp' and packaging would be different on the various products.

Linda Olin
CCI/Speer Technical Services
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501
Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pilot,

I got some without a tip on it.........................and the packaging says CCI.

and tell Linda I'm shooting clover leafs and ragged holes at 100 yards with my Marlin using that stuff.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...m/917VS-CF.asp

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes of course theres a difference between a hollow point, and a v max and an fmj
Old 03-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pilot,

Boy, Ridge Runner doesn't seem to be convinced either.

So if I'm to understand it, now..............."all 17 ammo is the same", only different.

We better call Linda.

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-23-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

CCI makes all the 17 hmr ammo from CCI, Hornady, Remington and Winchester.

The Hornady v-max bullet and the Remington accu tip bullet are the exact same bullet except for the plastic tip color. The Hornady is red and the Remington is gold. Winchester brand also uses this bullet.

They also load the Speer TNT (hollow point) bullets for Hornady, CCI, and Winchester.

The V-max bullet and the Speer TNT's are the only two bullets loaded for the 17HMR that I know of.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

My man !!!.................Big Bulls said the magic words "that I know of" or anything like, "in my opinion" generally works for most people. Like when our parents taught us to say please and thank you. Common courtesy not "I've spoken !" I was wrong once myself this year. LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
CCI makes all the 17 hmr ammo from CCI, Hornady, Remington and Winchester.

The Hornady v-max bullet and the Remington accu tip bullet are the exact same bullet except for the plastic tip color. The Hornady is red and the Remington is gold. Winchester brand also uses this bullet.

They also load the Speer TNT (hollow point) bullets for Hornady, CCI, and Winchester.

The V-max bullet and the Speer TNT's are the only two bullets loaded for the 17HMR that I know of.

I have some FMJ ammo but can't recall whose name is pasted on the box.
I had a project HMR rifle that once I got started a friend who comes out to shoot pds with me decided to gift me a whole bunch of HMR ammo. In the stack there was a partial box of these. I think they are 20 gr. ??
Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have some FMJ ammo but can't recall whose name is pasted on the box.
I had a project HMR rifle that once I got started a friend who comes out to shoot pds with me decided to gift me a whole bunch of HMR ammo. In the stack there was a partial box of these. I think they are 20 gr. ??
I remember those but I do not believe they are manufactured any more.