Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Trigger too light >

Trigger too light

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Trigger too light

Old 01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Spike

Default Trigger too light

I have a pre 64 win mod 70 and the trigger is too light. Maybr 1 lb. On the bench it is FINE!!! but hunting I find myself shoot before I am ready to. Gettin old I guess. Is there any way to bring it up to maybe 2 or 2.5 lb pull. My savage acu trigger is set at about 2 or 2.5, may 3 at the most and thats what I am comfortable with these days. Any help please?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

How did it get so light to start? I would find a competent gunsmith to check it out. That trigger has an outstanding reputation, (if it is original), and probably you dont want to change it. Trigger work is very tricky.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think there's a couple jam nuts you can loosen to tighten up the spring behind a trigger-overtravel screw. If you can get your hands on a couple skinny 1/4" wrenches thatd probably be easiest to mess with them.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winchester triggers are very simple, just like big z said to adjust.
I have wondered why other gun companies make the trigger more complicated.
Google Winchester 70 trigger adjustment and you will find pics and written instructions
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Spike

Thank you very much. I will google and fix it. RUGARMIKE, JUDGE NO MAN UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED ONE MILE IN HIS BOOTS,