Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger, Remington, Tikka >

Ruger, Remington, Tikka

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger, Remington, Tikka

Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Spike

Default Ruger, Remington, Tikka

being new to the gun seen i was thinking about buying my first centre fire rifle, I would like somthing in black synthetic stock, stainless barrel and .204 caliber,
i was thinking about a remington 700 sps stainless, but after looking about a bit i've found that some say the stock affects the accuracy, i then started to look at a ruger m77 hawkeye all weather or a tikka t3 light stainless or t3 varmint,
i cant find as much out about these, any help would be great, what would u buy and what faults have u heard of when it comes to these guns,
also what does "MOA" mean when they talk about accuracy, sorry for ranting on, or asking stupid questions
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the all weather in .280 Rem.It's a great gun.I looked at a few Rems and Tikka's but I liked the Ruger better.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

MOA refers to "minute of angle"...basically it is a measurement of the angle of dispersion of rounds at whatever range you are shooting...

Angles are measured in degrees--minutes--seconds. One (1 MOA) minute of angle is 1/60th of a degree. This is just over 1 inch (1.047...) at 100 yards...2 inches (2.094...) at 200 yards, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly, mil-dot scopes measure distance based on the milli-radian or 1/1000 radian. 1 "mil" equals 3.6 inches at 100 yds. The catch here is that most scopes only accurately measure this on the highest magnification.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You didn't ask about this, but what the heck. I don't like synthetic stocks. Don't get me wrong, it might be the best option for what you want to do with your gun. It just seems wierd to me when I hear of a guy's first gun being plastic and stainless.

To me a gun is walnut and blue steel.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Spike

i just like the look of the black synthetic stock n stainless barel,,, don t get me wrong if i had to chose between a synthetic gun that feels like s**t and a wood stock that has a good quality feel, id go for wood, but for some reason i like the look of it, i dont need this gun soon, just finding out what i can about whats out there, would lik somthing for 200+ shots
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-17-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you looked at the Savage 16? Stainless, synthetic stock, accu trigger, and accu stock. No accuracy worries.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Spike

look'd at one on the internet today, it's hard to find somewhere were you can handle the guns over here, we dont have the same set up as you do over there, most gun shops have 1 or 2 guns they can show you and tell u about the rest, its a bit cr*p when ur not sure what ur looking for and want to look at it before you buy,
like the look of the savage but sounds a bit pricy compaire to the rest, prices seem to be higher over here, as for getting the remington bedded and floated sounds good but would there be warranty issues,, as well as that it could be hard to find someone who knows what there at with guns,, plenty of people talking the talk,, but can hardly crawl never mind walk the walk
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

should have said that it takes anything from 3months to 9 months to get a permit altered for a gun,, have heard of people waiting for over a year, so waiting that long to get the gun then sending it away to have it bedded and floated would he like showing a child some sweets then putting them in a cupboard high up where they cant reach,
not sure how it would work saying as it would then be an "modified rifle" ( i know its not that big a deal to a skilled person, but still) and could cause issues with the permit again,
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Choose what you want...they all have their fans and all can perform.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.