Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tri-PODS?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tri-PODS?

i have some shooting sticks but looking to get a standing tri-pod type. the reviews between the brands are all over the place. the reviews ive seen say some are noisy some dont adjust quick and other issues . any real life users thanks!

Last edited by liquidorange; 12-12-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Banned

Get two 6' pieces of bamboo, wrap leather at about eye height, shoot. Repeat as necessary. Tripods are for cameras.

Either that or just lay down.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bog Pod Tri-pod

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Works for me, just ask all the dead coyotes I've shot off of it !

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

just say no
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
. Tripods are for cameras.

Either that or just lay down.
well -mm - tripods and bipods have several good reasons for use. having a solid rest is a responsible good thing. shouldnt be so closed minded. if there is waist high brush you cant shoot in the sitting or prone position. what if you have a bad back or knees and cant shoot prone. id dare to say that most that say they can shoot off hand shouldnt be shooting a rifle off hand because they dont practice enough. unless you put in the time and use your sling wrapped i wouldnt take a shot. ive used a bi-pod in Africa and they are not as solid as i like. a tripod would take the back forth wiggle out of things. im also looking to use this with a crossbow. looking for those who have used a particular model and can give me thumbs up or down. thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Tripods are junk and I'd be happy to give you a Shooting Lesson.

The aforementioned SP's are the way to fly.

Here's a taste,via fairly iconic pixels. You'll note the 1st Gen Ti 7-08 laying alongside and the SP's drove into the ground on the portside as you gawk the pic.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RealDeal
Tripods are junk and I'd be happy to give you a Shooting Lesson.

The aforementioned SP's are the way to fly.

SP's drove into the ground on the portside as you gawk the pic.
what the heck is a SP? i was asking for experienced users of tripods and the brands they used. . there is no way in bottomless perdition that a bi-pod is more stable. not saying its not a mighty fine tool but you cannot defy that it will ALWAYS allow a back and forth rocking ability where a tripod is what it is. A SOLID SHOOTING PLATFORM. - also nice blacktail. a guy i knew use to shoot them in the water.i guess there not particularly hard to shoot using bipods or not.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have used tripods in Africa and they work. You have to practice with them because a standing shot can become a bit shaky even with a tripod if you're using them improperly (pushing your weight into them). SCI (Safari Club) has some nice ones for sale. With that said, the only way I'd use a tripod in the U.S. is if the grass is too high and there aren't any trees around. The Stoney Point Steady Stix bipod works great and give you a perfect rest with a sitting shot. With whatever you decide to do, use them in the field before you hunt with them. A lot of products work well on a bench but are worthless in the field.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Spike

I have a Bog Pod (bought it first) and a Promos Trigger Stick Tripod.

I strongly suggest that you try both out and form your own opinion. But let me know if you should happen to choose the Bog Pod, all mine is doing is laying around collecting dust and waiting to become a backup for the Trigger Stick.

Last edited by yano; 12-13-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.