Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
model 7 measurements >

model 7 measurements

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

model 7 measurements

Old 12-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default model 7 measurements

Ok guys:
I have a model 7 that i bought for my son years ago in 7-08 cal. he still loves the gun but he is now 6 foot 5" and the gun is too short for him. he found a stock on stockeys website that he really likes,, but i need to know whether or not it is a youth model. I bought the gun online maybe 5 yrs ago and the gun was purchased for the guys wife to go on an antelope hunt,,,,the stock was cut down for sure, the current lop is 12 1/2",,,,when i pop the floorplate open the screw spacing is 5 7/8". The gun is stamped model seven,,,is a youth model stamped as Youth? I want to order this stock for him for christmas but i want to make sure im ordering the right stock,,as there is no aftermarket stock in this configuration available for the youth model. Let me just say that im going to all this trouble only because he wants to keep this gun as his 1st hunting rifle,,,it would be much easier to just buy him a new gun,,,but he wants to keep this one for his kids( hopefully way to the future) Thanks for any help identifying this gun.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm at school right now, I will be home on Friday. If you don't get your answer by then I'll measure mine and let you know what I find. You might be able to call Remington directly and they can tell you what you need to know.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

ok thanks Pa/bow,,,appreciate your input
Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Banned

Before you do something too stupid.

ALL Sevens will interchange their handles,as the actions are identical. Subtle contour dimensioning differences will arise in say the SAUM compared to the 223,but it is nothing to preclude the swap...assuming a lick of common sense.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RealDeal
Before you do something too stupid.

ALL Sevens will interchange their handles,as the actions are identical. Subtle contour dimensioning differences will arise in say the SAUM compared to the 223,but it is nothing to preclude the swap...assuming a lick of common sense.
Speaking of common sense,,,just what the hell are you talking about?,,,are ya drunk? what "handle" are you speakin of?,,,the stock?,,,,im talkin about restocking a model seven in my post above,,tthats all.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rem700man
Speaking of common sense,,,just what the hell are you talking about?,,,are ya drunk? what "handle" are you speakin of?,,,the stock?,,,,im talkin about restocking a model seven in my post above,,tthats all.
what he was sayin is, the youth model has a shortened LOP, the inletting on all M7 rifles is the same so if you order a youth stock, you will be in the same boat you are in now.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skiking
what he was sayin is, the youth model has a shortened LOP, the inletting on all M7 rifles is the same so if you order a youth stock, you will be in the same boat you are in now.
Skiking:
Thanks for clearing that up! I must have worded something wrong in my prior post to make him think that i would order a youth stock for a gun that is already too short? I took it upon myself to order the full length stock and with the info you gave me on the inletting i should have no problems. Thanks again,,,i appreciate the help