Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats the scoop with Knight going out of business?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Default Whats the scoop with Knight going out of business?

Checking out the web site and they said "no mas", What gives?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

They have been out of business for a while now. Going on close to a year I think.

From what I understand the parent company is still providing warranty work but how long that will last... who knows.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned

Where the heck have I been? Pretty bad for the first mover in an industry to have to leave. Good product, poor management. I guess that's what happens with poor forecasting and market analysis. time to do a little research..
Old 12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where oh where was Obama to give them a bail out?

Guess they weren't "too big to fail".
Old 12-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest shame in the industry is Knight
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
The biggest shame in the industry is Knight
Because of products or what? After a brief stroll through the website it's clear where they went wrong. Black powder guns that cost more than centerfire is a no no. Then the introduction of the centerfire rifles, mistake. You don't go to a seafood restaurant for a steak.

Shadow
Rolling block
KPI
Shotguns

Here are the mistakes.

Kinda along the line of Beeman air rifles vs Daisy. Yes, their is a niche for $1000 air rifles. But everyone at one time has a Daisy, and people are still buying them.
They're for fun. The niche for ML's is that you get extra hunting time. Period. If you had the choice to use a rifle during ML, you would.

Nobody really takes them seriously anyway, like I said a bonus hunt is all it is. When you dump in the price point, you broke the bank. Scoped centerfire combos that sell for $350 are all over the place. The breaking point for ML should be below $200

Suggested retail appears way too steep. The old LK-93 blister packs were the way to go. If I remember correctly, I think you could go directly to the range from the store with that deal. Modern BP shotguns a needless. Anyone shooting these types generally are using reproductions.

So you drop everything except the Bighorn, revamp the LK-93, add a line of bp specific scopes (good ones, not like the crap we see on CF combos) Create a much better packaged combo than before. Then keep the long range model as the upper end.
Sponsor a Saturday morning show that highlights the simplicity of BP hunting and their products. Each week feature an actual customer along with the paid spokesman. Don't be afraid to spout load data. Make a deal with IMR for custom 100 gr. powder pellets, then Hornady for a custom bullet, and take your pick on the ignition and create one single whitetail load that takes all the guesswork out of shooting recipes. Use this on the show and sell all the bullet components in ONE STINKING PACKAGE....

When part of your company history includes "the pioneer of inline blackpowder rifles" You should have an enormous edge over all the competition, if you know how to use it.

Mr. Knight, I'll be waiting for your PM. I hear opportunity knocking. I've always wanted to be in the hunting industry.......love management strategy..
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default VABYRD you are absolutely Right!!!

thats why I hear CVA is coming out with a package deal at 200 bucks
Old 12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

vabyrd I agree with alot of what you say but disagree with a lot also. The Knight muzzleloaders IMHO were and are the finest muzzleloaders on the market. My agenda for wanting them around was for myself and my children to be able to purchase new rifles of their design to use on many successful hunts. I am on my second knight disc, which is a 45 disc elite and it is amazing, even compared to wonderful custom centerfires I own. I really wish I would have never sold my generation 1 Disc 50!!! I look at my Knight as a very important tool because it shoots sub MOA and i hunt shotgun/muzzleloader only areas such as southern MI and IN at least once every year....sure I have nice rifles for hunting out west when I can foot the bill and at home if I am not tagged out from bow season, but i have high expectations of my front stuffer as it has and will continue to account for a large percentage of my shots at game...I do not want some cheapo POS for doing such!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is one of the Knight's successes! My biggest Wt ever!!!

Last edited by Carpmaster; 12-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

And another...longest ever for a muzzy for me at 178...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upfi...C8D8150F9F.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.