Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
felon and a muzzleloader >

felon and a muzzleloader

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

felon and a muzzleloader

Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy in N.C. just across the line from me wh is a felon .We have had this discussion before.He say's that a BP gun is O.K. for him.Personally I don't think so.JMHO ,but anything that has a projectile and goes "BOOM" is a firearm in my book.I just told him do what you got to do and the law will take care of the rest.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the guys where I work has a felony and he called the atf by his mistake,but it worked out for him.The agent told him that a muzzle loader is not a firearm,he said so I can use it and he said it's not a firearm!! So he started hunting with it and has had no trouble at all.Now this is in Missouri dont know about any place else they may have a state law but he made it clear to him that the Fed. sees it as a non issue.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DANTHEHUNTER
One of the guys where I work has a felony and he called the atf by his mistake,but it worked out for him.The agent told him that a muzzle loader is not a firearm,he said so I can use it and he said it's not a firearm!! So he started hunting with it and has had no trouble at all.Now this is in Missouri dont know about any place else they may have a state law but he made it clear to him that the Fed. sees it as a non issue.

First time one is used to commit a crime you can forget that. Then they will require the same paperwork and background check. I'd say its inevitable....
Old 01-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's different than what I have heard for MO.
My buddies brother has a couple of felony convictions and the only thing he can hunt legally with is a crossbow (special permit). He checked and was told he can't use a muzzleloader.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

Maybe felons should loose their hunting rights and gun rights. Hell with them.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Personally, if you've paid your debt to society, you should have all your rights restored.

In some states, they give out felony charges like candy, in other states the same exact charges are misdemeanors.

Every state needs to get on the same page.

A man shouldn't be punished the rest of his life for mistakes made and paid for.

Some exceptions do apply.....ie...child molesters and the like.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Spike

[quote][/First time one is used to commit a crime you can forget thatQUOTE]

This has happened already its been a couple years but it has happened . I dont see why we need to lump all felons into one group its just not that simple . You can be a felon after drinking and driving and the determine your blood alcohol level is to high and you may not even be drunk or all that impared . And I think if you get busted for slapping the crap out of your wife for cheating on you with the guy next door and then taken and making his face abit distorted with the base ball bat you should be let go, this doesent mean your a axe murder , child molseter or rapist ,drug dealer so on I think you need to look at each case and then make a judgement not trying to make anyone mad just my point of view

Last edited by Lonehunter61; 01-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drunk drivers sometimes kill or cripple other people. Multiple DUI convictions make a pattern that points to disregard for the lives of other people. Last year a whole family that lives near to me was killed by a drunk driver who had multiple DUI convictions. He was not injured, but he is now finally in prison. It is a real crime and should have real consequences.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Spike

I can see what your saying I guess its to hard to split hairs over the guy that may have had a few drinks and the guy who is a total drunk and of course if the felony is related to a homicide or another serious accident it needs to be punished of course.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd sure get something in writing,no way would I trust something I was told over a telephone. Not when it might mean going back to the big house for a federal violation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.