Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Any experience with the Savage 10FP >

Any experience with the Savage 10FP

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Any experience with the Savage 10FP

Old 12-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Spike

Default Any experience with the Savage 10FP

Hello all,

Does anybody have any experience with the Savage 10FP? All thoughts would be really appreciated!

DD80
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of info are you looking for?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
bigcountry

I had one. This was pre decent trigger. Needs a ton of work to make it a decent tactical. I figured if I changed out the trigger, put a mcmillian stock on it, glass bedded tight, it would be a decent rifle. But ended up selling. It was accurate, but in the end, it was still a savage.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I had one. This was pre decent trigger. Needs a ton of work to make it a decent tactical. I figured if I changed out the trigger, put a mcmillian stock on it, glass bedded tight, it would be a decent rifle. But ended up selling. It was accurate, but in the end, it was still a savage.

That's what I figured, thanks BC!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:47 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by dixiedawg80
That's what I figured, thanks BC!
Every time In life you go down the road thinking you can make a cheap gun into a fine gun cheaply, you will always come up disappointed. My encore is living proof of that.

Right now facing an simular situation where I got a 700BDL with DM cheap and now want to make it a quality rifle. But its turning out more trouble than buying another gun and starting from scratch.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have one in the model 10 fp tactical with the accutrigger it will shoot 1/2-3/4" @ 100 yds the only thing I have done to the rifle other than adjusting the trigger is put a Bell& Carlson Duramaxx stock on it. I am well pleased with mine I hope this helps chad
Old 12-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Of Course
The 10FP is Mall Ninja junk.

Easy to pass on,from stem to stern.

I'll admit that they are not a bench rest rifle but they can hold there own.

Three 5 shot groups fired back to back at 100 yards. The average is .4 moa

Five 4 shot groups fired back to back at 200 yards. The average is .5 moa

Again, I dont claim my 10FP is the most accurate rifle there is but considering it's bone stock, it doesnt shoot that bad does it?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Two .30 cal holes touching,is a solid .600" outside to outside...if only for starters.
Better study up on your arithmetic because two 30 caliber holes touching is a solid .616" outside to outside. Of course everyone knows that groups are measured center to center which would measure .308".

Laffin.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry

the pre accu trigger 10fp triggers arent terribly bad if adjusted correctly they are actually a decent hunting trigger. I have mine down to a crisp 2.5 lbs breaks like a glass rod a little more over travel then I like but what do you expect from an economy class rifle.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Better study up on your arithmetic because two 30 caliber holes touching is a solid .616" outside to outside. Of course everyone knows that groups are measured center to center which would measure .308".

Laffin.

LMFAO

even i knew that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.