Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Any experience with the Savage 10FP >

Any experience with the Savage 10FP

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Any experience with the Savage 10FP

Old 12-05-2009, 04:11 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by HighDesertWolf
the pre accu trigger 10fp triggers arent terribly bad if adjusted correctly they are actually a decent hunting trigger. I have mine down to a crisp 2.5 lbs breaks like a glass rod a little more over travel then I like but what do you expect from an economy class rifle.
Well, I agree. I thought I was getting a cadilac for the price of a chevette. Or I thought I could upgrade the chevette real cheap and make it feel like a caddy. In the end, lots of things I don't like about savage gun. Maybe I am vain, I admit.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:13 AM
bigcountry

You putting these things together yourself these days? Or use a smith for action/barrel fitting/squaring? Holy cow, your arsonal has grown quite a bit in the last 10 years with custom fodders

Originally Posted by Of Course
As an aside,calipers do lend credence...for obvious reason(s).

Just sayin'

Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well, I agree. I thought I was getting a cadilac for the price of a chevette. Or I thought I could upgrade the chevette real cheap and make it feel like a caddy. In the end, lots of things I don't like about savage gun. Maybe I am vain, I admit.

savages do leave alot to desire.