Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
BDL Detacted mag vs. hinged >

BDL Detacted mag vs. hinged

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BDL Detacted mag vs. hinged

Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 AM
bigcountry

Default BDL Detacted mag vs. hinged

Looking to get a Mcmillian edge for a 300win mag BDL with DBM.

Can I get a stock that is made for a BDL with hinged floorplate and the DBM fit? McMillian said "they think so". Please no guessing. If you know I appreciate it.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Hammer Wrench
Your rifle is in issued DBM guise now? In an Edge,I'd be inclined to go ADL,to save even more weight and promote integrity,but DBM receivers have no feed rails.

As to the DBM footprint exactly matching the BDL,that is not the case,plus you'll need to inlet relief scallops from which to retrieve the DBM out with.

Dick Davis is who you want to talk to at McMillan.
Actually thought about trading someone same rifle but with hinged floor plate. I was never really crazy about rem's hinged floor plate. I see your point on the ADL.

I was moose hunting once and got caught up in the black spruce and that stupid hinged setup came undone. In the field on a stalk is not the time for crap to flying all over the ground, wasn't happy. Started hunting with a sako75 after that.

Last edited by bigcountry; 12-03-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:53 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Hammer Wrench
DBM's paint you into a corner,where the ubiquitous BDL/ADL allows more options,regarding bottom metal.

There are some killer 700 bottoms available,some going so far as to include a secondary "Tactical" latch,that mandates a bullet tip or similar to actuate the catch in conjunction with the more traditional latch in conjunction. Not my cup of tea,though it may swoon some.

For Utility...ADL rules.
Williams I assume? Oh well, well made product cost good money.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:23 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Of Course
Too funny,that the cheesedick Mall Ninja Moderator,is insecure about bottom metal too.

Hilarious!
Actually confused about that myself. It is a gun forum. Whatever I guess. Got the info I need. Thanks