Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
anyone shoot a ruger number 1 RSI int. ? >

anyone shoot a ruger number 1 RSI int. ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

anyone shoot a ruger number 1 RSI int. ?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default anyone shoot a ruger number 1 RSI int. ?

im trying to get my hands on a ruger number 1 international 30-06. my father has both the m77 and number 1 international models but his no.1 is a semi custom (douglas standard match barrel, bedded forearm, peep sights). how well do the factory rugers shoot? ive heard some very good accuracy reports and some not so good. i dont expect this rifle to shoot long range, maybe only 175 yards as im going to start it out with irons. but id still like a good shooter if im going to drop $1230 (canadian)
Old 11-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Iv'e got a number one 45-70 and another in .204 Ruger. Finally got the time and weather last weekend to really fine tune the .204 and I'm totally satisfied with the way it shoots. I'm still having some extraction problems with it, but the accuracy is very good. One ragged hole in the bull at 50 and keeping them all in the bull at 100. The 45-70 works perfectly, but i did have a local gunsmith cut an inch and a quarter off the butt and install a decellerator pad. Haven't had the chance yet to sight it in with the Burris, but it did well at 50 with the iron sights. Even though Iv'e got a new CZ in 30-06, I'm still seriously considering getting the #1 in 06 with the full length stock. I,d say go for it------John
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jhilde
Iv'e got a number one 45-70 and another in .204 Ruger. Finally got the time and weather last weekend to really fine tune the .204 and I'm totally satisfied with the way it shoots. I'm still having some extraction problems with it, but the accuracy is very good. One ragged hole in the bull at 50 and keeping them all in the bull at 100. The 45-70 works perfectly, but i did have a local gunsmith cut an inch and a quarter off the butt and install a decellerator pad. Haven't had the chance yet to sight it in with the Burris, but it did well at 50 with the iron sights. Even though Iv'e got a new CZ in 30-06, I'm still seriously considering getting the #1 in 06 with the full length stock. I,d say go for it------John
funny that you mention the cz, its one of the other guns im looking at.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pale White Cracker
The fore end hanger on the Number One's is their weakest link.

Much prefer B78-esque Highwalls.
i like the high walls to but theres a lack of new ones on the market
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen plenty of high walls on Gunbroker. I like them as well as #1's.