Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington Nylon 66 Question >

Remington Nylon 66 Question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Nylon 66 Question

Old 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Nylon 66 Question

I've got a question about the Remington Nylon 66's. I keep seeing them for sale with scopes. Did the originally come drilled and tapped for a scope mount or is this a modification someone has done somewhere in the life of the rifle. Trying to figure out if all the collectors value is gone by it being drilled and tapped for a scope or if they came that way from the factory.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nevermind found my answer. Thanks guys.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never have figured out why these guns have any collectors value at all. They have got to be one of the ugliest guns ever built and one of the cheapest ever built that is also one hell of a pain in the butt to clean and/or work on.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I never have figured out why these guns have any collectors value at all. They have got to be one of the ugliest guns ever built and one of the cheapest ever built that is also one hell of a pain in the butt to clean and/or work on.
Bingo......
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest I feel the same way about them. However, I have a buddy that wants one and wanted me to ask. He used to have one quite a few years ago but now has decided he once again wants one and couldn't remember if you could mount a scope from the factory or not.

I'd personally rather just go get a new 10/22 for the price of those things used.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just don't take that bastid apart.I have one that my father -in law gave my son that is (looks) like one of the first ones ever made.Still shoots as good as ever .

Last edited by Swampdog ; 11-25-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Yes they are!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
However, I have a buddy that wants one and wanted me to ask. He used to have one quite a few years ago but now has decided he once again wants one and couldn't remember if you could mount a scope from the factory or not.
I've highlighted the part of your post that I think provides the answer to why the Nylon 66 is a collector's item. It's like cars, people want to buy back the guns that they grew up with.

It doesn't matter if modern guns function better, no one says forget about the 67 Mustang because it doesn't have ABS or cruise control.

BTW, I agree the Nylon 66 is probably one of the ugliest guns of the era. WTF were they thinking with that stock?

But also goes to show that ugly can be beautiful. Want another example, just look at the Remington XP-100 pistols. Same butt ugly stock and chambered in what I'll charitably call an oddball caliber of .221 Remington Fireball, but they now sell for significantly more than they cost new.

Grouse

Grouse