Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Why is my pump jamming????? >

Why is my pump jamming?????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why is my pump jamming?????

Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Spike

Default Why is my pump jamming?????

I have a remington 7600 and everytime i put four bullets in my clip, it will feed the first shot, but when i eject it, it will jam the second. Im hoping this is my clip and not the gun.....the clip also fit strangely into my gun when loaded as well. (with no bullets it fit fine, loaded it had to be forced)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food
I have a remington 7600 and everytime i put four bullets in my clip, it will feed the first shot, but when i eject it, it will jam the second. Im hoping this is my clip and not the gun.....the clip also fit strangely into my gun when loaded as well. (with no bullets it fit fine, loaded it had to be forced)
Probably just something a little bit off with the clip. Just load the clip with three rounds, with the one in the chamber it gives you four rounds total, that's plenty for hunting. If you ever get a chance to try someone else's clip, give it a shot and see if it jams. If it jams also, consider it a four shot rifle. If it doesn't jam you might want to pick up another clip sometime in the future.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

i have a browning bps 12 guage. everytime i put some rounds through it, it does somehting odd. when i shoot the last shell, it locks up and wont let me eject this. tried different shell brands also. paid a gunsmith 50.00 to fix it, but he couldnt get it to do it. any ideas?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the gun completely level when you are racking the next round? My 870 doesn't like to be racked unless it's level.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

just a shot in the dark.do you have a sling swivel on the barrel or the forend screw. is your tube bent a little maybe. i saw on another site that using the forearm swivel can be an issue on newer 7600-s
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Spike

?..........................
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

I only load 3 into my 7600 mag. The spring tension tends to struggle when 4 rounds are used. If the mag has extended use then the spring may be shot. Take some bore scrubber and clean out the mag as there may be dirt in there.

Take a plier and bend the lip outward on the short front side. Bend very little. It may help stabelize the mag. I nothing works then buy a new mag. This mag will run you $29 -32.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I've found that if I use the "small base" dies from RCBS that I've solved all my pump action problems..they work and feed with no problems at all...maybe you have the bullet out near the factory maximum listing..push em' back in a little..your shooting at a volleyball sized target so group size is not all that important, as long as it's under 3 inches you'll hit the ole deer...I'll bet some small base dies will solve your problems.. also is the rotating lugs clean.. a lot of build-up over the years will slow the process down, especially brass shavings.. give her a good cleaning.. won't hurt a thing and don't forget about the rotating bolt..it needs to be decreased and scrubbed from time to time.......