Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
H@R USH stock loose?? >

H@R USH stock loose??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H@R USH stock loose??

Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default H@R USH stock loose??

I just bought this gun a few weeks ago and just noticed that when you tip the gun upside down and then the other way, that something in the stock area slides. any idea what this is? doesnt appear that the butt stock is loose at all.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

hard to say exacly what it might be. first off take the recoil pad off, then the forearm and then the barrel. take some canned air or a air compressor and give the reciever a few good blasts. if i had to guess, just based off the description given, id say there might be a washer in the stock that somebody forgot to put in before the screw. there shouldnt be anything other then the transfer bar fitting a loose in the NEF/H&R rifles. i have done a bit of fitting on my H&R rifles but even before that they are all tight fitting guns that lock up like a bank safe.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

ok, so today i brought the gun into silver bullet and had there gun smith look at it. come to find out, since the bull barrel is so heavy they drilled out the butt stock and put a steel bar in there to counterweight the gun and that happened to be moving around. He said i could take it out and not have to carry it through the woods or leave it in if it doesnt bother me cause its not affecting anything! so that was a big sigh of releif for me!