Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 710 Range Outing...with Pic >

Remington 710 Range Outing...with Pic

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 710 Range Outing...with Pic

Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 710 Range Outing...with Pic

So, me and the little brother took a ride to the local rod and gun club today to shoot my Savage 116 .308 and our Remington 710 .243. Now I know, allll about the 710 and how horrible it is, and the action sucks, blah blah blah; dont need to tell me something I dont know. I picked up the gun as my first centerfire, before I read and knew what was going on. That said, I personally hate the action, but it's a been a good gun and never failed me yet, so Jr. gets to shoot it. Well, have a little looksie at what he did at 100 yards off a piece of 2x4 with no back bag/rest. My Ontarget is telling me its a .344" group, and .3xx something MOA. Not too shabby for a 13 year old kid and a crappy little rifle...needless to say, he can hunt with it this year.

Range Conditions were right around 50 degrees, raining, very little wind, and 11am this morning.

Gun is a Remington 710, .243 with the stock Bushnell 3x9x40mm scope, shooting 100gr. Remington Core-Lokt bullets.

Anyone know how to get an ontarget image to upload to photobucket?? When I get to the upload images, it wont recognize the Ontarget files...???
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

First of all good shooting! Suggest that you adjust the POI though.

With the ontarget program I will save under " save project as graphic" and as a "jpeg" and have no problems with uploading to photobucket.
Hope this helps.

Should look something like this.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice shooting. good luck with the hunting. I had a 710 in 270. shot just fine too
Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I moved the scope were all set to go now, in both guns. POI was our trip to the range, make sure everything was where I wanted.