Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
How to adjsut the trigger on a Rem 700 ADL >

How to adjsut the trigger on a Rem 700 ADL

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How to adjsut the trigger on a Rem 700 ADL

Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to adjsut the trigger on a Rem 700 ADL

got a Rem 700 ADL in 25-06 adn the trigger is pretty stiff would like to lighten it up some...what is the best way to do it and how do you do it...never had a rifle with and adjustable trigger before
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

How mechanically inclined are you? Messing with a trigger on a rifle is a little like fiddling with the brakes on a car. Do it right, all is well. Do it wrong... bad things happen. If you aren't 100% sure you can do the job safe (and it really isn't that hard if you're just doing screw adjustments), then there there are places to get detailed instructions on the web.

If you have the old style Rem trigger (identified by having a vertically grooved trigger face), look here: Remington Model 700 Trigger adjustment

If it has the new X-Mark Pro trigger (having a smooth, wide trigger. Since it's an ADL, I doubt it has the X-Mark, but I suppose it's possible), look here: X-Mark Pro trigger adjustment

Just be VERY CAREFUL, especially if you mess with the sear engagement. Too little sear engagement or too light of a trigger can make the rifle EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! Do the safety checks mentioned in the first link... better yet, do them three times. Safety first.

Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
bigcountry

Good article Drift. I do it this way but still can't get out all the creep sometimes.

I bought a used remington trigger and fiddled until I got it the way I liked. I also take a rubber mallet and beat the bolt to make sure it can't go off. Cycleing it a 100 times slamming it.

Play aroudn with it and figure out whats going too light and what is right. I won't adjust a remington trigger less than 2.5lbs myself.