Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
H&R Single Shot >

H&R Single Shot

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H&R Single Shot

Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default H&R Single Shot

i have been looking into buying a slug gun it will be my first one. a few people i know have recomended the H&R single shot i was thinking the 12 ga. and was wondering if anyone has that gun and if they like it, what scope they have on it and what they have found shoots best.
thanks guys

-BUTCH
Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I got one for my girlfriend a few years ago-single shot 20g with rifled bull barrel. She shoots hornady sst sabots out of it and the gun is a tack driver!!!! She only shoots it 50-75yds but i shoot it occacionally and take out the x at 100yds easy holding dead on. That gun/slug combo works very well!! A few of my friends have the same gun and choose to shoot them over their other slug guns. I would definitely recomend them to you. As far as a scope we put a cheap 3-9x32 on hers and it works fine. Very good gun for not alot of money.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Spike

the ultr-slug with the bull barrel is a serious tack driver, however if money isnt an issue check out the 3 1/2 inch 20 ga made by hastings on the h&r platform better downrange ballistics than a 12 ga
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same shotgun in 20ga. using Hornady SST slugs, she is topped off with a Leupold VX-II in 3-9x40, what a tack driver!!!!!!!

Stay away from the 3.5" 20GA. only one company makes the ammo, and it is hard to find and I bet it will be discontinued sooner then later.

If you want a multi shot slug gun then look into pumps, like the Mossberg 500 or the Remington 870