Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I am officaly an AR-15 owner!!! :) >

I am officaly an AR-15 owner!!! :)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I am officaly an AR-15 owner!!! :)

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear you have a new toy to play with, they are fun guns and ammo is cheap. If you are going to do alot of shooting with this gun I recommend getting a reloading set up. I use the RCBS and it works fine. Just rember to keep all of your emptys when you leave the range.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sauer06
Glad to hear you have a new toy to play with, they are fun guns and ammo is cheap. If you are going to do alot of shooting with this gun I recommend getting a reloading set up. I use the RCBS and it works fine. Just rember to keep all of your emptys when you leave the range.

You may also want to check out a .22 conversion kit.. Spikes Tactical has one that is chrome plated (based on the ciener kit - with some dimensional changes).. CMMG/Ciener are identical.. Blackdog machine has some great magazines and other parts for the kits

With proper tuning (ie smoothing, polishing etc) they can be made to run very reliably... The kits will work with your standard 5.56 barrel or you can get a dedicated upper for better accuracy..

brian
Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by outdoorsmen
welcome to the dark side.

it's been said that once you go black rifle you never go back...

Right on brotha!!!

All kindin' aside ,the AR platform is very versatile and a definite must have regardless of what niche your into.

Congrats.
By the way SR556 enter the market late but have all the toys.