Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Federal Fusion ammo. >

Federal Fusion ammo.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Federal Fusion ammo.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Federal Fusion ammo.

Is there anywhere to still get Federal Fusion ammo for a resonable price? For 30-06 shells I got them last year for $22.99 at one gun shop another was $25.99 or $26.99 or something. The year before that they were $17.99. Now They are $29.99 at the same gun shop that had them for $22.99 last year. I noticed Dicks Sporting Goods also got some in and they are also $29.99 there. Is there anywhere to get these things cheaper than that? I hate to pay that much for 20 bullets.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain as I like the Fusion ammo as well, but it has gotten hard to find and has gotten pretty expensive. Fortunately my Ruger shoots the 150 grain Remington Core-Lokts as well as it does the Fusions. D*i*c*k*s Sporting Goods has their Core-Lokt ammo(std calibers) on sale for $11.98 after a rebate. My store either had run out of rebate forms or never received them, so they took the rebate off at checkout! I hated to do it but I stocked up!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I feel your pain as I like the Fusion ammo as well, but it has gotten hard to find and has gotten pretty expensive. Fortunately my Ruger shoots the 150 grain Remington Core-Lokts as well as it does the Fusions. D*i*c*k*s Sporting Goods has their Core-Lokt ammo(std calibers) on sale for $11.98 after a rebate. My store either had run out of rebate forms or never received them, so they took the rebate off at checkout! I hated to do it but I stocked up!
I can't find any ammo mine shoots as good as the Fusion ammo. However it shoots about .5" to 1" bigger groups with the cheap $14 a box Federal soft points. I get about 2" groups with Federal Fusions and about 2.5-3" groups with the soft points. I may just have to live with slightly bigger groups for that price. This gun has never been super accurate.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

The solution may be to reload. I started earlier this year and it was a bit intimitating at first but no issues now. Doing detailed load development work has given me sub moa groupings on all my rifles. There is a set up cost but my investment is starting to pay off as I shoot about 40-50 rounds/week. I am nno longer at the mercy of factory ammo offerings.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, a lot of people are now turning to reloading. I started a couple of years ago when I noticed the Winchester Power Point and Remington Core Lokt and Federal Blue box stuff jumping from $8 a box to $12-15 a box. I haven't shrunk my groups too terribly much since my shoulder wont let me shoot enough, but I have learned a whole lot more about shooting and what goes into it. Not to mention that my reloading press and initial investment paid for itself in the first 6 months.