Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which slug do you recommend???? >

Which slug do you recommend????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which slug do you recommend????

Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

rotor, my friend Sal & I brought our H&R 20ga. at the sametime, we live 3.5 hrs apart, so we sighted our guns in at different times, I went with the Hornady SSTs, his H&R didn't like them as much as it loved the Hastings ammo, now I don't know if he is using 2-3/4" or 3", but I did see a picture of his groups at 100yards and they are just as good as mine.

Remember when sighting in turn your scope up to it's highest level, I have on all my guns (shotguns, smokepoles, rifles) Leupold VX-II 3-9x40, and turn it up to 9X when sighing in
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

lightfiled and remington accutip. i've shot the lightfields all my life till the accutip came out. wow i was impressed. never liked any winchester or hornady
Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

My Remington 1100 12 gauge with 20" rifled barrel really likes the Hornady SSTs...which are the hottest slugs I have found, and not that punishing to shoot (except in the wallet)...at 50 yards it prints clover-leafs...opens to about 1.5-2 inches at 100 yards...no hesitation out to 150 yards...

Absolutely devestating on game performance...
Old 09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot a Remington model 670 Express with the 18 inch scope barrel. Tried a lot of slugs in that gun and it likes two of them really well. The obsolete 3/4 ounce Remington Copper Solid slugs make one hole at 75 yards. These slugs are no longer made. Bought 20 boxes of them at $5.00 apiece on clearance years ago.

The gun also shoots the Winchester Partition Gold slugs very well. As the name implies, these slugs use a 260 grain Partition bullet. This year i have killed 8 or 10 hogs with this load. Is really does knock them dead in their tracks when you hit them right.