Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I finally got it >

I finally got it

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I finally got it

Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default I finally got it

the stock that is, ive had the rifle for over a year now, i had to wait 2 months for the stock to come in, but after shooting it...being able to watch the bullet hit from the reduction in recoil....being able to hold it steady for a long period of time....and being able to customize it to fit me perfectly, it was well worth the wait.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

what catridge does it shoot?

nice stock!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice what kind of rifle is that? I have another unrelated question. I see you have a Browning BAR 30-06 from your signature. What kind of groups do you get from it at 100 yards?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
what catridge does it shoot?

nice stock!
its chambered in .22-250, once the barrel burns out im gonna rebarrel it in .308
Old 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Nice what kind of rifle is that? I have another unrelated question. I see you have a Browning BAR 30-06 from your signature. What kind of groups do you get from it at 100 yards?
at 100 im shooting give or take anywhere from 2in-4in groups but its got a short barrel and i use the cheap ammo, not to mention 50yds is the farthest shot id get up here for deer so im not too concerned with grouping. its a great gun just kinda gets heavy after a few miles and i am yet to find a sling that wont slide off my shoulder when im climbing...of course this gun (rem 700) weighs in at atleast 11lbs id say if not more.

with this gun though im puttin 5 rounds in a dime at 150 now with this stock, ive had the barrel crio frozen and i bought one of those barrel de-resonators from limb savers

Last edited by Adirondack Hunter; 09-10-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

.308? Man, a rifle like that I'd rechamber it to 243AI.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by spaniel
.308? Man, a rifle like that I'd rechamber it to 243AI.

i dont know, i like the .243 cartridge and id have to think it over, but .308 ammo is easier to find, and theres a lot more bulk .308 out there then there is .243, i mean yeah the bulk stuff sucks but for working on breathing and trigger pull,or just shooting for fun it wouldnt make any sense to use the real expensive stuff.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adirondack Hunter
at 100 im shooting give or take anywhere from 2in-4in groups but its got a short barrel and i use the cheap ammo, not to mention 50yds is the farthest shot id get up here for deer so im not too concerned with grouping. its a great gun just kinda gets heavy after a few miles and i am yet to find a sling that wont slide off my shoulder when im climbing...of course this gun (rem 700) weighs in at atleast 11lbs id say if not more.

with this gun though im puttin 5 rounds in a dime at 150 now with this stock, ive had the barrel crio frozen and i bought one of those barrel de-resonators from limb savers
Did the BAR have a shorter than normal barrel? Or just the stock barrel was short? From what I've seen 2" or so groups at 100 yards seems to be about normal for these guns. I've read where several guys say how they are really accurate and shoot under 1" at 100 yards but seems like the ones I've seen and most of the people I've talked to with them don't seem to get groups that tight.

Have you tried the Claw slings? I don't know about on a BAR but I really like the slings.

For the Rem 700 that's an amazing looking gun. I bet it does shoot amazing. Maybe someday I will have one something like that. Do you do much hunting with it or just target shooting?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Adirondack Hunter
i am yet to find a sling that wont slide off my shoulder when im climbing...of course this gun (rem 700) weighs in at atleast 11lbs id say if not more.
A suggestion for the sling. Buy a narrow sling, for example a 1" wide leather military style sling. The narrow sling will bite into your shirt or jacket better than the wider sling and thus tend to stay in position better rather than sliding off. The purpose of a wider sling is to distribute weight, to lessen the pressure at the point of contact -- and of course this works -- but the wider sling reduces the bite of the sling into your clothes and makes it easier to slide off. Maybe you can borrow a sling like this from someone to give this suggestion a risk-free trial?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had my wife sew a button on (top of my shoulder) to keep the sling from sliding off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.