Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Can a machine shop fix this?? >

Can a machine shop fix this??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Can a machine shop fix this??

Old 09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can a machine shop fix this??

I can't find a gunsmith around birmingham alabama,but i know where a machine shop is.i stripped the threads in my 10-22s reciever,and i don't have the guts to take it apart because i don't want to have to buy another 22.I want the reciever drilled and tapped so i can put a scope on it.thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

THe 10/22 is pretty easy/straight forward to take apart and it should be no problem to drill and tap out to 8-40, the next size up in mounting screw.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a gunsmith in Birmingham. Marks Outdoors just North of River Chase mall on highway 31 (Montgomery highway). The gunsmiths name is Russ. I use to work there as a gunsmith myself.

Tell him Kerry sent you there but not to hold that against you. Russ is a good guy.

You will likely have to have them drilled out to 8-40 threads instead of the standard 6-48 if you stripped out the original mount holes.