Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need help

Old 05-19-2003, 05:51 PM

Default RE: Need help

The 7mm-08 would be perfect for your needs,deer to atleast 300 yards & very pleasant to shoot
Old 05-20-2003, 01:01 AM

I would get the 7mm-08 if I did not handload. Tne 7mm bullet is fabled for its penetration.

If I reloaded I would buy a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 6.5x55 Swede; a Ruger would be my second choice.

If you handload and like to be a bit different but the 7x57 Mauser in the Ruger
Old 05-20-2003, 01:51 AM

Sounds like your going through what I am right now. I' m getting a T/C Encore and want a barrel for it like you described. I' m debating between the 7mm-08, 25-06 and 257roberts. All are great deer rounds with mild recoil. Good luck to ya' and let us know what you get.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:34 AM

It looks like I am going to get a 7mm-08. A friend of mine down here in Texas had one custom built and shot a buck two years back that flipped the deer and his rack stuck in the mud. That has never happened to me, but I would like for it to.
Thanks guys for the input.