Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger Bisley/Vaquero >

Ruger Bisley/Vaquero

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Bisley/Vaquero

Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Spike

Default Ruger Bisley/Vaquero

I just traded for this beauty. I am going to use it for Deer hunting this fall and I am wanting to get into cowboy shoots. (as soon as I figure out how) I just ordered a set of elk antler handles from Eagle Grips they are out of Chicago ($225). I also ordered from a local tack man to make me a hip rig. He told me he would make me a rig for $175. He is "retired" from this but he told me he would make one last rig for me. Can't wait!
So now I need to acquire a hat and all the proper gear for the shoots. Sounds like it is going to turn out to be fun.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Spike

Those are great guns, and it's on my wish list after handling one of my customers guns.He has the stainless version with the birdshead grip.I am doing a rig for him later this year.That's a great price for a gun rig.Here is a link to help you get started in Cowboy action shooting http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/. Have fun.Dave
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Spike

Thanks Dave!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

\They're great guns.. look at www.sass.net (sass-single action shooting society) your gonna need 2 pistol rig, rifle and shot gun. little tip for ya, go with a rifle and pistols of the same caliber. Personally I went for a 357 because its more economical when shooting matches come into play.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by IndyHunter83
\They're great guns.. look at www.sass.net (sass-single action shooting society) your gonna need 2 pistol rig, rifle and shot gun. little tip for ya, go with a rifle and pistols of the same caliber. Personally I went for a 357 because its more economical when shooting matches come into play.
I am looking for 44 Marlin Rifle. If you know of one around holler at me. I will shoot 44 specials out of my handgun and rifle to save on ammo expense. Thanks Indyhunter for your input.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one of those, it's the smoothest and most accurate handgun I've ever shot. Oddly enough, I got mine from a cowboy action shooter.

Mine is in .45 Colt, and I take it with me every deer season. I haven't got anything with it yet though. Yours is gonna look really good with those antler grips!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your going to hunt with it and shoot heavy loads make sure the frame can handle it! There was an older vaquero that had thicker frame and said you could push 44 mag pressures from 45 Colt,but the new Vaquero's say "NEW" in front of the name...I would keep pressures low on them.