Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Brenneke KO out of rifled barrel >

Brenneke KO out of rifled barrel

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Brenneke KO out of rifled barrel

Old 07-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Brenneke KO out of rifled barrel

I am in the process of finding a new slug since I just put a scope on my 870 (with rifled barrel) and I dont wnat to put up with the recoil of buckhammers anymore! I am curious if anyone has tried regular Brenneke KOs out of a rifled barrel since they say it shoots out of either. I am thinking it might shoot well out of my gun because I got really good groups with buckhammers and the attached wad design is similar. Or would I be better off with a true sabot?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

northport, I have been using brenneke ko slugs for 10 years i shoot a mosseberg 500 with a rifled barrel and the shoot great for me. Good luck

Tim
Old 07-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shot them out of a brand new 12 gauge H&R USH this weekend zeroing in the scope. They shot very well with tight groups at 50 & 75 yards.

I also shot them out of my old 12 gauge J.C. Higgins pump with good groupings also - especially considering the mix of rifled sights and my probobly needing eyeglasses.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Brenneke KO Sabots out of my slug gun. These are a true sabot. I know they also make a KO that is an attached wad design, and I think they are cheaper than the sabot design. I would shoot the cheapest one that is accurate enough for your hunting needs. The ones I shoot have woked well on deer for me.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOU WONT BE SORRY IF YOU TRY THEM. Thats all I use in my shotgun when I take it deer hunting. I even use them on yotes.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ANY full-power slug load will give plenty of recoil!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

All full-power slugs do recoil, but Buckhammers are rediculous. They shoot pretty well in my gun, but since they cost more and recoil a lot more than the KO sabots and 2 3/4" and 3" Winchester Super X sabots, I don't use them. Buckhammers hammer on both ends of the gun.