Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
heavy trigger-- >

heavy trigger--

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

heavy trigger--

Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default heavy trigger--

I have a near new Remington model 5, bolt action .22 and it seems that the trigger is somewhat heavier than it needs to be on a .22. Gun shoots like a champ and with the Burris scope Iv'e been accounting for my share of the local ground hog population. It's not enough of an issue to send back to Remington or have a local gun smith look at, but is this something that might improve a little as everything wears in? The gun has not even had 50 rounds thru it yet. --------------John
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

It will wear in a little.

However, a trigger job does effect accuracy more with less expense than any other modification you or a quality gunsmith can make.

Worth it IMO !
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking trigger health...

It should get a bit better over time. Around here, a trigger job goes for around $35-45. If it bugs you that much, check into smith services in your area.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

A trigger job is a cheap investment and will make a world of difference
Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for your suggestions--I was pretty sure that having it looked at would be the popular view. The nearest gun store that might have or know of a competent gunsmith is in LaPort, In. so I'll give them a call------------John