Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Bolt action vs. Lever action >

Bolt action vs. Lever action

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bolt action vs. Lever action

Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should be 1" MOA at 40-50 yards with either gun.

That's off a rest, of course.

So, if that's good enought for you; pick either one !
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's perfect for me,that will hit a squirrel in the head.I'll probably get lever action because i and shoot it faster. thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 10/22,but when i went to put the base plate on it the threads stripped(in the reciever).I took it to the gunsmith and and he said he tapped them,but all he did was put loctite on the baseplate,and the loctite broke loose and the scope wiggles easy.I'm just going to buy the lever action 22.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does any of you know of a glue to put around the base plate to hold it?It's a stainless steel barrel if that helps. thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Are all of the screws stripped or just one of them? As its a 22 it will still hold fine with just three screws. Getting the receiver tapped for new screws is still the best option you have. As far as glue, acraglas or any good two part epoxy will create a a strong bond that could be considered permanent especially if you let it physically anchor itself into one or two of the receiver holes and some of the baseplate holes.Just make sure you clean and degrease the area before applying the glue so it makes good contact and use at least two screws to line up the plate. It may also have difficulty bonding if you have one of the newer painted receivers. Don't use crazy glue or other instant glues as they are too brittle and will not hold up under use. Hope it helps. (I would never avocate a glue only bond except with a 22lr where the recoil is almost non existent)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
40 or 50 yards at the most.

At that distance for hunting tree rats it doesn't matter whether its a bolt action or lever action. Get the gun you like