Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Single Six

Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Single Six

I am thinking about getting a Ruger Single Six. I have a Super Blackhawk 44mag that I love but gets expensive when shooting it a lot. A single six would let me shoot the same style gun and get used to shooting that style for cheap. And it would be a good gun to plink with. What do you all think of the single six? Is it accurate? How much could I pick up a used one for?

Thanks
Kirk
Old 07-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single Six

I love ruger revolvers, can't go wrong.

I have a S&W .38 SP that is a little easier on the pocket book and the ears... Fun Fun Fun
Old 07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Single Six is one revolver that everyone with firearms should own. Perfect for all age shooters. Inexpensive to shoot and pretty accurate. Just brought home my 3rd .22 cal Single Six a few days ago.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I received a Single Six for my 16th birthday (I am now 38) and have put thousands of rounds through it. I absolutely love it.

My Single Sixis stainless steel witha 6 1/2 inch bull barrel and the WMR cylinder. It is easily capable of a 2" group out to 50 yards off of a solid rest with good ammo. I regularly shoot it at standard 4 inch clay pigeons set from 7 yards to 50 yards (open sights) with Remington 36 grain HPs in 22LR, and occasionally out to 100 yards (open sights) with CCI 40 grain HPs in 22 WMR.

I have killed a number of squirrels with it.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Teach Deer

My Single Six is stainless steel with a 6 1/2 inch bull barrel and the WMR cylinder.
Someone replace the barrel on that? Asking 'cause there were no "bull barrels" as factory on that model.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

`I own and have owned a bunch of them. If you are looking for a great inexpensive and reliable revolver to shoot then it is a great choice. However if you are looking for a highly accurate 22 revolver then you should look elsewhere. However for day in day out shooting, and hunting-they are hard to beat. Tom.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

What do you all think of the single six? Is it accurate? How much could I pick up a used one for?
The single six is an excellent little arm. Very accurate. A good choice. Not too expensive, either. Look on the gun auction sites for an idea of the price.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

The Single Six is one revolver that everyone with firearms should own. Perfect for all age shooters. Inexpensive to shoot and pretty accurate. Just brought home my 3rd .22 cal Single Six a few days ago.

That's a GREAT pic!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my ruger single six new in 1966. It is stainless, has a 6.5 inch barrel and target sights and shoots 22 short, long and long rifle carterages. I have shot tens of thousands of rounds through it and it is still in perfect condition.

You can't go wrong with the single six. They are well made and accurate.

Quick Reply: Single Six

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.