Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default 308

hey guys on the reviews page i post about deciding on a 264 or 308 well i think i want to go with a 308 but how good of a shooting round is it i mean i shot on they are a low recoil gun and i killed a ground hog at 319 yds. i also shot a black bird off a fence post at 83 yds. so i think this round is really accurate. now the big question is how good is that new savage accu stock with the accu trigger. i found one for 599. do you think i should get it?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 308

The Savage rifles are one of the most accurate rifles right out of the box that you can get...I love my 7mm Remington magnum.

The .308 is one of the most inheritantly accurate rounds out there...frequently used in match and tactical shooting.

I would expect that combination to be very accurate.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's a combo deal, bag the scope and get you some decent glass. You will be happy with thr rifle.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys right now it's down to a ruger or savage and then i will have to figure outa scope. not sure if i want a monarch, VXIII or a burris?