Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 BPS vs 870 vs Nova >

BPS vs 870 vs Nova

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BPS vs 870 vs Nova

Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default BPS vs 870 vs Nova

Hey!
I love just being able to post any question i want, and as i look down the replys later i'll find the answers!
looking for a 3 1/2, camo pump gun... to trade in for my 535 mossberg...
Ok so i was originally thing Benelli super nova, but i was told that on the order they got in, the action sucked.

So then they recommended a BPS because i'm a lefty and its got a really smooth action... But the guys at the other shop said "get a remington!" Which i know is also a great gun! so i'm confused now:S!
What is the price difference in general, and what do you guys think?
thanks a pile!
Gerard
Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BPS vs 870 vs Nova

Can't speak for the BPS, heck I don't even know what it is. But I likemy Benelli overmy Remington. Not saying the Remington is bad I just prefer to use the Benelli
Old 06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

BPS is the best pump shot gun made, especially if you're a lefty.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

There are good points with all of these guns, and all will serve you well.

The most important consideration is not brand. With shotgun shooting, fit is the most critical element. If the gun does not fit you, you will not shoot it well, and you will be miserable with your choice.

So I recommend that you visit as many gun shops as you need to see how each of these guns feel and fit. Spending time to do this, and making the right choice, will make you happier in the future. You may very well find that none of these guns fit as well as one you are not even considering at this point.

I'd be concerned about the shop you visited -- they are pushing their "brand loyalty" on to you. Any good shop will spend time with you to assess which gun fits you the best, and not telling you what to buy based on which company advertises the best....
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Normally I would recommend a Remington but since you're a lefty a BPS would proabaly be better for you. Both are great guns. I have a Benelli but to tell the truth I haven't shot it yet. Hard to retire the Remington. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Spike

I have a bps and its a nice gun and the bottom ejection while be perfect if your a lefty.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have two out of the three guns you are talking about, and have a Benelli but its not a Nova. I hope I can give you a pretty unbiased opinion. The BPS and 870 are both great pump guns. I happened to like my 870 the best, but thats only because it feels more comfortable for me. However, the BPS is probably the better gun. I haven't priced either gun lately but I would guess the BPS will be2-$300 more than the 870 andagain thats just a guess. If you're a lefty you will probably like the bottom eject on the BPS. If the BPS feels comfortable to you and you don't mind spendingthe extra money get the BPS. Oh yanothing against the Benelli Nova because it is durable, but IMO they're better pump guns on the market. Just my 2 cents. Hope I was some help.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the Browning BPS is the pump shotgun made.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned all 3 of the shotguns you mention. The fit/finish is by far the best on the BPS. For overall dependability the 870 gets the nod. The Nova felt like a cheap piece of plastic crap, and I didn't like it one bit. I still one a few BPSs and a few 870s. I find myself using my 870 as a boat oar more than any of the rest of 'em....
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Spike

Im a lefty, the BPS probably is the better gun for a lefty. But I stick with the ole 870.

Quick Reply: BPS vs 870 vs Nova

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.