Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What should I do?? >

What should I do??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What should I do??

Old 04-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default What should I do??

You might remember my Trouble Sighting In post. Well which do you guys think I should do? Should I put the scope I have on my .243 that I dont use that much and shoot it again? Or should I just return the gun to the guy, get my money back and but a Remington 700?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What should I do??

return it and get your money back? he has a refund policy? good luck with that one...

Could try another scope, check those mounts..., otherwise I think you'd have to re-sell.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

IF you can get your money back, then by all means do so. Then buy the 700! (MY experiences with Remington autoloaders has been mostly bad, as far as accuracy goes.)
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you try shooting it with the open sights as suggested in the other post (you know, you could have just updated that thread instead of posting another on the exact same topic so I'd be easier to know what you're talking about without having to go find your other thread )? Have you tried some different ammo as suggested? Have you checked to make sure the BOTH the screws that hold the rings together AND the screws that secure the bases to the receiver are tight (which usually requires that the scope be removed)?

I'm asking because if you bought this rifle used from another private party, I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt that he'll take it back and refund your money. I doubt very much that most gun dealers would take it back for a refund, and if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you a 25% restocking fee. Used guns are usually sod as-is with all sales final, so the guy you bought it from is under no obligation to give you your money back voluntarily. After you try all of the above, and still can't get it shooting under 3 MOA, your next step would be to take it to a gunsmith to see if he can find something wrong with it and fix it, or you can just sell or trade it for a new gun and maybe take a hit on what you paid for it.

Mike

Old 04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

IF you can get your money back, then by all means do so. Then buy the 700! (MY experiences with Remington autoloaders has been mostly bad, as far as accuracy goes.)
Bingo.....return it!