Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What would you pay for this gun..... >

What would you pay for this gun.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What would you pay for this gun.....

Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you pay for this gun.....

ORIGINAL: ChazyKEJ

I know I got a good deal, but I just purchased the exact gun from a friend of a friend for $450 with a sightron SI 3x9 scope. I would have given $525-$550 if he had asked. It is a great shooting gun even though mine has a 5.5 lb factory trigger pull. I mounted a 4x12X40 I had in my gun cabinet. It averages around 0.6" groups at 100 yds. Can only imagine what it would do with an 6x18 scope and a 2.5 lb trigger.

KJ
What's stopping you from adjusting the trigger? Remington triggers are pretty easy to work on.

Mike

Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

You can purchase a new Remington 700 Varmint, laminated stockfor $550 without the scope
I'm calling BS! If you can find that gun for $550 new I'll take 1 right now! Provide a link or quit providing bad info!The cheapest you are going to find that gun new is $775 shipped and then you will still owe for FFL charges!

If this is the gun you want, see what you can buy itfor new. If you are going to get this exact gun no matter what, you might as well save some money with this guy. Tell him your best deal new and he should be willing to save you some dough or just buy new.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can purchase a new Remington 700 Varmint, laminated stockfor $550 without the scope
I know for a fact that is B.S.If you do know where they are that cheaplet me know andI will pass on the information to the owner of the store and he would likely buy all that they have.

We buy Remington direct and have access to all firearmsdistributors and wholesale is over $700.

If C.L.D. knows a dealer thatis selling it for $775 (probably gunsamerica.com) they aren't making crap on that rifle.Unless they are selling out of their house they wouldn't be able to keep the lights on in a retail storeif they sell all of their firearms at such a low mark up.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls is correct. The placeI know of that is that cheap is an online store. A retail store could never offer such low prices.

Bigbulls,I sent you a pm with a link.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Spike

$500 max. I know he said it's never been fired but as soon as they leave the dealer, they are not worth as much.