Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Selling my Benelli, where to list? >

Selling my Benelli, where to list?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Selling my Benelli, where to list?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Selling my Benelli, where to list?

I am going to sell my benelli montrofeltro 12 gauge but have not sold a gun in many yrs. IT seems many websites and newspapers restrict teh sale of guns so I'm not sure how to get rid of my gun. I plan to sell it to raise money to buy a turkey gun. Though this one works for turkey, I want something camo, synthetic and with a sling.

any suggestions on how to sell it and get the best price? I know i can dump it at a local gun dealer or trade it, but I'd like to get a fair price. Not top dollar, but it is a $1100 gun, so i'd like to get a respectable amt for it. thx.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Selling my Benelli, where to list?

could try gun broker or guns america...both are kinda like ebay for guns...but i dont know how shipping and all that works...

Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 AM

gunbroker.com
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can try gunbroker.com. You could also list it in the gun classified forum on this board. As for shipping, you must send the gun to the buyer via a FFL dealer, from whom your buyer will receive the gun after filling out a 4473 and a NICS check. Before you ship the gun you MUST have either a photocopy of the receiving dealers FFL signed in blue or red ink, or you can have a signed faxed copy, provided that the fax and signature is legible. Once you have the FFL, you MUST ship it to the address listed on the FFL. The safest way, if you are unsure, would be to talk to a local gun dealer that handles gun transfers and either pay them to ship it to your buyers dealer for you, or see if they'll guide you through the process of shipping it yourself. It seems like a real hassle, but it's actually not a very difficult process, at least if your dealer is cooperative. I recently boought two guns using gunbroker, and used one of my local FFL's to do the inbound transfer. All I had to do was call my dealer and tell them what I was receiving, and the name and fax number of the dealer shipping the gun. They faxed the shipping dealers their FFL, the shipping dealer shipped the gun UPS to my dealer. When they arrived I just went in a filled out the same paperwork as if I'd bought the gun from them, and paid my dealers transfer fee.

Mike
Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

drift, very helpful info, thank you. I will go to the respective sites and read further. Does having a concealed weapons permit make the inbound process any easier or less expensive? I am going to look for a turkey gun on gunsamerica or gunbroker, which will mean i need to have it shipped to my FFL.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tealboy

drift, very helpful info, thank you. I will go to the respective sites and read further. Does having a concealed weapons permit make the inbound process any easier or less expensive? I am going to look for a turkey gun on gunsamerica or gunbroker, which will mean i need to have it shipped to my FFL.
It might mean that the dealer you pick the gun up from won't have to do the call-in NICS background check. It really depends on your state's specific laws. In Iowa if you have either a permit to purchase a handgun, or if you are one of the select individuals who has been granted the privilege of having a CCW permit (Iowa is not shall issue), then the FFL dealer doesn't have to call in. It saves a little time, but that's about all. Some dealers may offer a small discount on their transfer fee if you have one since it does save them a little time, but that depends on the dealer you choose. Really, the process and paperwork is the same for a transfer as it is if you bought the gun off the dealer's rack. The process is really pretty easy. The only thing that would make it hard is if your dealer is slow or non-cooperative. In that case, it's just a matter of finding another dealer. Any FFL dealer can do the transfer, some just don't like to because they are ticked that you didn't buy the gun from them. Others are happy to do it, because they can charge you $20-30 for less than 1/2 hours effort, and it's really all pure profit for them.

Mike