Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ammunition Sales >

Ammunition Sales

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammunition Sales

Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ammunition Sales

This might be thewrong place to post this, but I just heard tonight that ourFederal Govermenthas sent a letter to our local Wal-Mart andgun shop that they will no longer be able to sell ammunition in the USA. I heard this is going on around the country. Has anyone else heard of this?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammunition Sales

I'm calling BS because I havn't gotten any letter yet! Somebody is yanking your chain, UNLESS they have reason to have FFL revoked.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think you needed an FFL to sell ammo.

Mike

Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's true but FFL holders automatically receive rule/law changes from BATFE and I havn't received anything so it's BS.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 AM

Pure BS, if it was true if would be ALL over the major news networks in big bold letters "ATFENDS WALMART AMMO SALES" or something to that effect.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's still being sold at our local Wal-Mart, and no signs up stating that it is going to cease doing so.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

What they did to the Walmarts on Longisland is they did stop certain stores from selling guns.You can still buy ammo in those stores but IMO they'll be looking to due away with ammo sales also.
Train of thought being they dont sell guns why carry ammo.Only time will tell because it only started about a year ago.The non gun selling walmarts are very limited on ammo.
To the best of my knowledge there's only 1 walmart selling guns in Suffolk County.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Ya our local Wal-Mart stopped selling guns probably almost 2 years ago. Ammo supply out there does seem a little low, but they are well stocked with shotgun shells for trap shooting, sporting clays, etc... Our Wal-Mart was also getting out of Fishing equipment for good last fall too. Well that seems to be getting re-stocked for this spring. If Wal-Mart got out of the hunting and fishing business, where would all the men disappear to on the weekly shopping trip with thewife and kids. They would alsomiss out on a lot of $10-20 trips to the back of store. I
Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Spike

I stopped by the Wal-Mart by house last night to pick up diapers for my youngest. I walked through the sporting goods section to see what the current price for ammo was. Right away a noticed the counter had been changed. They re-model the area and had all of the shotgun and some rifle ammo in a locked case in the aisle, and NO HANDGUN AMMO!

This is a new store in central Indiana that is less than a year old. Has anyone else seen these changes at Wal-Mart?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Wal-mart stocks their stores differently based on sales and customer demographics. If they don't sell many guns at a store, they'll stop carrying them. They will do the same thing with grape soda if it doesn't sell at one store but sells well at another. It doesn't mean the feds are cracking down on grape soda.

Quick Reply: Ammunition Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.