Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 01-23-2002, 11:28 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-23-2002, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Sight Problems

That's kind of a tough one.
My first thought would be to use a red dot sight. They are very quick in aquiring a target and it's easy to shoot while keeping both eyes open.

If you're interested, I suggest getting one that has variable dot size in addition to a brightness control.

Good luck.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:23 PM

Bulzeye has a good idea, but I think it would only be somewhat of a quick-fix.

IMHO...Save some money and learn to shoot with your dominant eye.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:44 PM

i shoot alot of iron sights small bore. focus only on the front sight and that should help out the most, dont worry if the tartget is a little blurry or the rear sight
Old 01-23-2002, 05:11 PM

If you find that your left eye keeps trying to dominate and you donl't want to shoot with the left eye closed there is a trick used in shotgunning that might work.

PUt a dab of vaseline onyour shooting glasses where you left eye would look out when your sighting your rifle. This will blur that eye enough that the right will naturally compensate. I have the same problem and use this in my shotgunning, and it does work.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Colo Wolf wouldn't it be just as easy to shoot with your left eye closed rather than smear your glasses?
Old 01-24-2002, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting aproaches guys.

I must admit, I've been blessed with a right-handed, right-eye-dominant combination that never required me to research a fix to this problem, but...

I did try aiming my shotgun which has a red dot last night with my left hand using my non-dominant eye, just to see if my theory worked. It did. It was quite easy to point and track potential targets with both eyes open.

Some of the other solutions are definitely cheaper though. Choose what sounds good to you.

By the way, visitor, if you would like to have a two-way dialog about this or other topics, just register as a member. It's a Great place.

Keep 'em all in the Bull.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:53 PM

I'm right handed but have a dominante left eye also. Just close your left eye when you start squeezing the trigger and don't worry about the rear blurring. The target automaticly centers itself in the peep; just bring the front post up to your desired point of aim. You may also want to experiment with different peep sizes if you can interchange them on your sight.Hope this helps.
What rifle is this on and what brand of rear sight is it anyways? Knowing that will help alot.

Edited by - BigEd on 01/26/2002 14:55:27
Old 01-26-2002, 02:17 PM

Halcon-

Generally I would say yes, but one of the things you need is depth perception when your shooting , if you plan on being great at it. Just apinpoint of diffusion over the left pupil will in time train the right eye to take over, and still give you depth perception.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:10 PM

Greets,
I used to have the exact opposite trouble as a kid. I am left handed and with the exception of archery I shoot lefty. My prob was actually called a lazy eye but it caused the same trouble. What I did to help it was to cover my right eye for an hour or so at a time while at home in thehouse. This causes the other eye to be forced to focus and use. The end result is retraining your eyes so you are either equally dominant or dominant in the one you need. ( at least it worked for me *G*)

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.