Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning X-Bolt >

Browning X-Bolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning X-Bolt

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM

Default Browning X-Bolt

Anybody out there buying or shooting the new Browning X-Bolt. Looking into buying one but would just like to hear what everybody else thinks about them. Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning X-Bolt

I have an X-Bolt Micro Hunter on order for my wife. I'm getting a little impatient though... I ordered it before Christmas. I'm told now that S.H.O.T. Show is over, things should start happening. We'll see.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a dyed in the wool Browning A-bolt man and I like the new X-bolt so much, am planning on getting 2 of them.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at one today (X-Bolt Hunter and both stainless and blued stalker models), and they look like nice rifles. Unfortunately I wasn't able to look at the new magazine or test the trigger. I was a Scheel's and they put trigger locks and remove detachable mags on all display guns. They will remove the trigger lock and get the magazine if you ask, but the place was a zoo (so much for the recession, the gun inventory was WAY down and the ammo shelves were pretty slim pickin's, thanks Dear Leader Maobama [:@]) and I didn't want to bother the very busy sales clerks since I was just browsing not buying. Based on what I saw, I wouldn't be adverse to buying an X-Bolt as I didn't find anything about it that I didn't perticularly like, but I can't for sure I'd buy one since I couldn't really evaluate the rifle fully.

Mike
Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Spike

I have the browning x-bolt hunter in 7mm rem. mag and love it. It shoots very tight groups and is a very well built gun that feels very good in your hands. Rest assured, you will not be disappointed with this gun.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 AM

I finally got to put my hands on an X-bolt. Nice looking gun but I was not overly impressed. The action felt a little sticky compared to the two Rem. 700's I have. I can't see paying the $300 difference between the X-bolt and the 700 SPS.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bolt was sticky? It's EXTREMELY unusual for a Remington bolt to be even as smooth as an Browning-much less more so-and especially out of box.

ORIGINAL: DJ2065

I finally got to put my hands on an X-bolt. Nice looking gun but I was not overly impressed. The action felt a little sticky compared to the two Rem. 700's I have. I can't see paying the $300 difference between the X-bolt and the 700 SPS.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1 Stalkingbear. The last Remmy 700 I checked felt like dirt / grit was present when cycling the bolt. Not impressive at all.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

+1 Stalkingbear. The last Remmy 700 I checked felt like dirt / grit was present when cycling the bolt. Not impressive at all.
Which version of the 700 did you have? The ADL I used to have did not have a very smooth bolt, but the 700 LSS Limited I just bought has a very smooth both travel. I was actually quite impressed with it. I wonder if it's the different finish (stainless receiver and jeweled bolt vs the rough matte receiver and matte black bolt), or if Remington just makes more effort to fit their higher end rifles than the less expensive guns.

Mike

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was an ADL in .270. A friend bought it and a .243 together. The .270 was sold, the .243 is in my safe (but belongs to my friend). It was much better.

Quick Reply: Browning X-Bolt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.