Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

raven p25

Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default raven p25

does anyone have one of these little guys? i was browsing in the gunshop in baltimore and found a used one for 150 bucks. i would like to have a new nice revolver, since i already have a semi, but i dont feel like paying more than 200 bucks, atleast not right now

it had a wooden handle and was chrome. a basic inspection determined it was in pretty good shape, defintely clean lookin. anyone have any experience with thesE?i know there are prob better guns, of course, but for the money i dont see what else i could get. also, does anyone know who much they are new?

it was a nice looking gun, just for plinking around and going to the range, but some people said they are terrible. is it worth it? thanks alot
Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: raven p25

Unless they have changed they were known as in the group of "Saturday Night Specials". Pretty much junk in my day. But like I said....they may have improved. I'd pass and save your money to buy a better model.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

I personally would not buy a .25 caliber handgun. IMO, a person would be better off with a 22LR (more reliable and cheaper ammo). A pocket pistol does not appeal to me.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Raven = P.O.S. Would be better off buying the cheapest revolver you can rather than one of those.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Unless they have changed they were known as in the group of "Saturday Night Specials". Pretty much junk in my day. But like I said....they may have improved. I'd pass and save your money to buy a better model.

Do they even qualify as a Satuday Night Special?? IMO there are a whole bunch of better choices.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Listen to everyone else, junk I have one that was given to me buy my mother-in-law.Took it out just to try it.And had trouble hitting a pie plate at ten or 15 steps and I have pretty short legs.IT jammed at least once in every 5 shots.Just my 2cents but I would try to find a cheep 22 revolver if that the type of gun u r looking for
Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

The Raven's and Jennings auto's in 22 and 25 auto have been deemed the JAMB_AUTOMATIC. Which means a glorified single shot AT BEST! The clip configuiration and the extractor mechanism is the cause of their demise. They can be slicked up and work 85-90% of the time if lucky? However as a self protection piece they are NOT? My favorite expression for this frearm "is a piss off gun!" They won't kill, but they Damb sure will PISS THEM OFF! $150 is more than you can buy a new model. Sounds like a PAWN SHOP inflation hike to me? But who knows? JMO and 2 cents?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still remember when Louisville Ky was having a gun "buyback". I ordered a whole CASE of ravens, which was about 25$ at the time. The city was paying 100$ per working firearm no questions asked if I remember correctly. The cops in charge got REALLY PISSED when I made them fill out the paperwork on all of them. For some odd reason, it was stopped shortly afterward. I was going to take several cases of ravens up there too!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I still remember when Louisville Ky was having a gun "buyback". I ordered a whole CASE of ravens, which was about 25$ at the time. The city was paying 100$ per working firearm no questions asked if I remember correctly. The cops in charge got REALLY PISSED when I made them fill out the paperwork on all of them. For some odd reason, it was stopped shortly afterward. I was going to take several cases of ravens up there too!
You had a very nice profit margin on that one.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Gotta love the gun-grabbers! They think they're so darn smart (they're not), until an enterprising guy like stalkingbear shows up and illustrates just how dumb their idea was, and turns a really nice profit at the same time.

I kindof wish they'd do a "gun buyback" around here. I've got a 10/22 in so-so shape that still shoots ok, but wouldn't get 50$ from a shop it trade. I've heard of some cities giving as much as $200 for a "working" firearm. I'd be first in line with my 10/22, and then I'd be headed straight for my gun dealer to pick up a nice, new Savage or Marlin bolt action in 17HMR.

Mike