Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What you say >

What you say

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What you say

Old 02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default What you say

Thats what i'm saying a lot and wife complaining about the tv being too loud, i have been using ear plugsto target shoot but not to hunt and last season i shot a deerfrom a blind with the barrell sticking out and my left ear rang for a few days.
I want some good reasonablely priced electronic so i can leave them in or a ear muff type, they don't have to ampfly but i want to hear the gamewhat do you use.

Thanks Martin
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What you say

I use Pro Ears Stalker. What I like about them the most is how they pick up voices (lets me be aware if someone might be in the area).
http://store.altusbrands.com/product_p/stalker%20gold.htm
Old 02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: country1

I use Pro Ears Stalker. What I like about them the most is how they pick up voices (lets me be aware if someone might be in the area).
http://store.altusbrands.com/product_p/stalker%20gold.htm
Country, can you tell where something is when you hear it, i have a walker game ear and you can not.

Martin
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

For me, I can hear the direction of the noise. Each muff has a mic with its own volume control. One thing I don't like is it takes N batteries (2 in each muff for mine) which are not cheap. However, they do last quite a while. The electronics on mine work very well. I have ear muffs that have a higher db rating as the cuff material on my Pro Earsis made more for comfort than to block out as much external noise as possible. I also cannot wear a cap or hat over the muffs. Since I hunt deer when it is cold, I have a hood type sleeve that I wear over my head and the muffs. IF you go with the Pro Ears Stalker, search the web as you should be able to get them cheaper than what Pro Ears has them listed. My model is the Pro Ears Stalker Dimension II. I am not sure the difference between that and the Stalker Gold.