Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NEED HELP ON AR 15 >

NEED HELP ON AR 15

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEED HELP ON AR 15

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NEED HELP ON AR 15

Hi im looking to get aAR 15 I have never owned one and was wondering what you all recommend. And what I should look for etc etc.

This is what I am going to look for so keep in mind. 5.56 Nato with a extendable stock mounts on the gun for a red dot and laser sight.

if you prefer you can email me [email protected]

thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED HELP ON AR 15

Thats a tough call right now. Because of the fear that Obama might pass a permanent AWB, AR-15 prices have gone through the roof. Expect to pay 50-100% more for one right now if you can get it.

Armalite, Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt, LMT,Les Baer, Charles Daly, Smith and Wesson, Rock River Arms, and Stag all make good rifles and carbines right out of the box. Their prices will vary from $800-2500+ depending on features and brand.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know... Its scary how the country can let some anti gun,anti american for that matterperson in the whitehouse.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently got 2 DPMS ARs with 16" bull barrels, installed Jard triggers and they shoot even better than expected. I can totally reccomend DPMS based on my 2, and others I've shot, especially for the price of 699$ but I'm betting that price has gone up by now.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

One it depends on what you are going to use it for. Do you plan on putting a scope on it? I just got a Stag Arms M4. It has the removable carry handle and has an integral weaver style mount on the upper. super high rings are needed to install a scope sosighting won't be interfered with by the front sight.
However if I decide to take the scope off and reinstall the carry handle, it can be done in under a min.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

just bought a remington before christmas, itshoots great paid $900 for it