Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Springfield Armory XD45? >

Springfield Armory XD45?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield Armory XD45?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Spike

Default Springfield Armory XD45?

Been thinking of this gun for carry/woods protection. Last handgun I trained with was a 1911 .45 in the Marine Corp. Just want something a little smaller in carry size, but still has the knock down if ever needed. The reviews on the net seem favorable but maybe tainted by the magazines.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Springfield Armory XD45?

I've shot a BUNCH of different Springfield armory XD pistols and have NEVER seen 1 malfunction yet. Personally I highly prefer them to the Glocks and consider them to be the equal of Glocks. I FULLY reccomend XDs. You CAN however get a smaller size gun and still stick with the 1911 platform you know well. For example the commander size has 4 1/4" barrel, while the officer model has 3 1/2" barrel and the shortest is the defender size with 3" barrel. Naturally I listed Colt size but the rest are based on those lengths as well.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
bigcountry

I am a glock fan myself. I own both 45's in glock and springfield. XD is a quality gun, no doubt. But You can't beat the no-nonsense use of a glock. No safeties, nothing to get in your way. Pull the slide back, and rock and roll.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

For some reason,Glocks never fit my hand right. They are unquestionably among the most reliable semiautos but I'm truly hooked on the 1911 platform-especially the double stack Para-Ordnance models (fits my big paws perfectly). With Glocks, you either like OR dislike them, and while I respect their reliability, personally never "warmed up" to them.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

For some reason,Glocks never fit my hand right. They are unquestionably among the most reliable semiautos but I'm truly hooked on the 1911 platform-especially the double stack Para-Ordnance models (fits my big paws perfectly). With Glocks, you either like OR dislike them, and while I respect their reliability, personally never "warmed up" to them.
I agree the old 9mm's and 40's didn't fit me well. I have the 15 round 45 glock now and it fits my large hands well. I can see where you are comign from.

I have hada few colt 1911's, and have always had to put an oversized grips on it.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I've got an XD9 that I've had for 5 or 6 years now and I've never had any problems with the 8 magazines I've got for it. The pistol shoots great and has performed flawlessly.

If you're referring to the "rattling" issue when the mag is loaded with 13 rounds, then my XD9 mags sometimes do the same thing when fully loaded, but don't when it's at full capacity-1. Not an issue as far as functioning.

XDtalk.com has more info if you want to surf the XD-45 forum over there.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine, but am not able to carry it in the woods with me. Here in NC you have to have a 6" barrel to carry in the woods. Awesome gun though, definetely recommend it.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you have better eyes than I do, but I never saw anybody say anything about rattling. Try to stick to the subject/question at hand, instead of adding additional complications that wasn't asked in the 1st place please.

ORIGINAL: xd9x19
If you're referring to the "rattling" issue when the mag is loaded with 13 rounds, then my XD9 mags sometimes do the same thing when fully loaded, but don't when it's at full capacity-1. Not an issue as far as functioning.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM

Stalking bear...this is the rattling hes refering to...i dont get u guys that snap on people in the fourmus
ORIGINAL: Itinerant

The reviews on the net seem favorable but maybe tainted by the magazines.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:51 PM

the springfield xd is a very good gun. 13+1 of 45 acp, what more can you want? i have one in the thumb safety and i love it. It has only jammed with cast lead bullets and twice with remington golden sabers. When i shoot full metal jackets, it does not jam. in fact even with the golden sabers it hasnt jammed in several magazines. it is a very good gun for the money. plus the xd has a really easy way to take apart.

Quick Reply: Springfield Armory XD45?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.