Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington 700 ADL vs. TC Encore >

Remington 700 ADL vs. TC Encore

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 ADL vs. TC Encore

Old 12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 700 ADL vs. TC Encore

I currently have aRemington 700 ADL with blued barrel and a black synthetic stock in .30-06. I got a good deal on it and I hope to go hunting somewhere, someday where I can use it. I am thinking about trading it in or selling it and putting more money toward an Encore in the same caliber since I have an amlpe supply of ammo. I like TC and am interested in the Encore due to alll the possible barrel configurations. Is it worth the extra money or should I stay put?
Old 12-25-2008, 06:57 PM

Default RE: Remington 700 ADL vs. TC Encore

definitely worth it in my opinion. i woill have one one day when i can afford it.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you intending to get different barrels if you get an Encore? If so great-then go for it but if you're only planning to keep 1 barrel only, stick with the "bird in hand" Remington 700. While you'll probably get an accurate Encore, it's also VERY possible it won't offer the same level of accuracy as the 700 adl is capable of.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cherokee75

I currently have aRemington 700 ADL with blued barrel and a black synthetic stock in .30-06. I got a good deal on it and I hope to go hunting somewhere, someday where I can use it. I am thinking about trading it in or selling it and putting more money toward an Encore in the same caliber since I have an amlpe supply of ammo. I like TC and am interested in the Encore due to alll the possible barrel configurations. Is it worth the extra money or should I stay put?
Is there anything wrong with your Remington 700 ADL? I like the Encore but I have seen a lot of people sink a bunch of money into them and not get the accuracy results they were expecting.

Most 700's are accurate and there are numerous options that you could do to make yours unique.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both rifles are great. My Encore in 30-06 is my go to rifle. I prefer the Encore over the bolt rifle. But the main reason is the Encore with the LH thumb hole stock fits me better than any other bolt I have. And I really like the shorter Encore. It makes for a very fast handling rifle. I have never felt restricted because the Encore is a single shot. However the 700 ADL is also a great rifle.

I can shoot smaller groups off the bench with my 700 Remington's. But I shoot my Encore better under hunting conditions. And if you are a hunter then shooting in a hunting condition should be more important.

I have seen a lot of guys brag about the itty bitty tiny groups they can shot off of sandbags. But when I put up a piece of notebook paper at 100 yards and ask them to shot at it off hand,they normally decline. Rifle fit is key!! Tom.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

...............Keep the Rem. I've seen too many Encores with accuracy problems. Also, you have the advantage of having a rifle with a magazine. JMHO......