Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Winchester M70 Featherweight >

Winchester M70 Featherweight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester M70 Featherweight

Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester M70 Featherweight

Any of you guys check out the new M70. I just handled one at Cabelas on Saturday. OMG - I give it a 10 out of 10. Finish was awesome, fit was awesome. It's floated, comes with a Pachemyer recoil pad, the action is smooth as silk and while I thought that the trigger could use a little bit of work I thought it was one of the best factory triggers I've ever tried. Stock was real nice though the rifle that checked out didn't have the greatest wood.

The only downer for me is I want a stainless barrel. They don't make it in the caliber I want yet. May have to buy my first blued barrel rifle!

Tom
Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester M70 Featherweight

Anybody know much about the contract to build Winchester M70's?

Who's doing the work and are they reputable?

How long do they have the contract?

I heard they're building them on the oringinal equipment. Are they also using the original gunsmiths?

What have you guys heard of the moa trigger?

Tom
Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM

There is a full article in the version of The Complete Rifleman 2009 that is on newsstands now. The gun is being produced in Belgium FN's Columbia, SC facility where all of the military's machine guns are made and the standards are ISO 9001 for all weapons built at this facility.

The article gives a good account of this new trigger and the build of the rifle.

BJ
Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Just called the books store. Heading out to pick it up.

Tom
Old 12-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the article and it did offer some good info. I was surprised that they didn't include any of the data on the groups the rifle shot.

I also checked the Winchesterguns.com website and I can't find a contact number to get additional info or for possibly customer service issues. Do I need to call Browning?

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

What was the price tag on the new Model 70?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing anywhere between $800 and $900.

I ended up deciding to get the Extreme Weather SS. It comes with a Bell and Carlson stock. It's also stainless.

Tom
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

That is one sweet looking rifle....if i buy another 270 it will be a Winchester....
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was just talking to my boss earlier. He and I hunt in the same general area in the Hill Country. He was on his way back from his lease yesterday and stopped at a restaurant near San Antonio to get breakfast. Some scumbag broke into his truck and stole his M70 Featherweight 7mm-08, with a Zeiss 3-9X50 scope, his $500 binoculars, hunting knives, digital camera, range finder etc., etc., etc.... Lousy way to end a hunting trip...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a fear of mine everytime I go hunting. I can't afford to loose my stuff.

I ended up ordering the rifle today. I paid $879 for the rifle but it's on order and there is no ship date.

Tom

Quick Reply: Winchester M70 Featherweight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.