Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 T/C Encore Wood stock & blued >

T/C Encore Wood stock & blued

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Encore Wood stock & blued

Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default T/C Encore Wood stock & blued

I'm thinking of purchasing an encore muzzleloader. I like the looks of the wood stock and blued finish. This also leads me to possibly think about purchasing a 20 ga. barrel if I was to purchase the muzzleloader. What does anyone have to say about this combo or one or the other? Any reviews? Does anyone know the twist rates for each barrel (muzzleloader or 20 ga.)? Trying to figure out if I should look further into this. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Spike

Default RE: T/C Encore Wood stock & blued

i just got a tc encore muzzleloader,7mm08, had a optama pro that thing was pile of junk , the tc is inch high at 100yrd 5inch low at 200,1 inch group at hundred, 3inch group at 200
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

nice results. anyone else?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

The twist rate for the muzzy barrels is 1/28. The shotgun barrel has no twist-smoothbore. Had the wood/blue combination in .45 cal muzzleloader/.308/7mm08.It surely was not the most accurate gun I have owned, but I liked the fit/feel of it. Sold it last year with no long lasting feeling of remorse about it or TC however.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty sure the rate of twist rifling on TCmuzzleloader barrels is 1-28,which is ideal for the sabot loads they were designed for. The 1 I've had for years still shoots pretty dog gone good and is a permanent member of my firearm family-if I sold it,I'd have to turn right around and replace it but for much more money. Since I live in rifle friendly state of ky,I have no idea of rifling twist rate on their rifled slug barrels without looking it up.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:33 PM

T/C Encore's hold the distinction of being both some of the most astoundingly accurate and abismaly inaccurate rifles Ive fired. The word polarizing comes to mind, as in you either get one ungodly bad-ass accurate rifle, or you get a friggin' piece. Two examples; Encore 7mm-08, tried 140gr Fusion, 140 Bal Sil Tip and the Hornady LM load. This was 3 range trips with both fouled and clean, cool and warm barrel. NONE would get under 1.25", and the other two were closer to 2". Fast forward to a SS Pro-Hunter 25-06, the aforementioned Fusions again, this time a CONSISTANT .25-.35" gun. Not once, but a few times in a row. With a warm barrel, dirty barrel. Ive owned $3k rifles that needed some sweet talking and a sprinkle of pixie dust to do that. Go figure.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine has, well had the wood it cracked on him twice ,the gun is very well taken care of
and not shot alot, thefirst time he called t/c they replaced it the second time he called and told them he
wanted the syn. stock he told them to send it and he would pay the difference they sent it never charged
him nothing