Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Buck Strikes Back >

Buck Strikes Back

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Buck Strikes Back

Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck Strikes Back

This is 100% verifiable proof. The .270Win isn't adequate for big bucks! LOL

You're not cool unless your deer explode on impact.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/...attacks_hunter

Tom
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Strikes Back

Old 12-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! He must have been a horrible shot. What ever happened to poking it with a stick or throwing something at it before walking right up on it?....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Drove to the hospital? I hope he took that buck to the processor first! When the Dr. asked how I got so beat up I would want to show him the antlers.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Thats why you carry a pistol on your hunts a .45 bullet or two in the chest would have slowed that big buck down
Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

Thats why you carry a pistol on your hunts a .45 bullet or two in the chest would have slowed that big buck down
No, senor! IF you can't kill him with the rifle, a handgun is NOT of much service!!!

In AK, I used to get a kick out of the cheechakos who toted a 44 Maggie to back up their .375 H&H's when bear hunting......
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's funny... "two well-placed shots" from his .270. Geeze... I've never had one get up after one well-placed shot from my .243... I'm guessing it's another clown in the woods who never bothered to sight in his pre-packaged Model 710 with cheap-o scope... Bet he'll be toting a .300 RUM that he can't shoot next season.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Ronny Stoddard Ride

Knew a guy ages agoin the Sangre De Cristo mountains of northern New Mexico who came across a big mulie once withhis antlers tangled up in a barbed-wire fence.

“AHA, says our hero! I’ll save a cartridge, and just cut his throat.” Laying his rifle down, hopping on the buck’s back, our hero reaches around the buck’s neck with knife in hand to do the deed, when all of a sudden MR. Mulie comes UNSTUCK. And both are off to the races! After a couple hundred yard ride, the buck succeeded in tossing the knife-wielding hunter into a patch of prickly-pear cacti, which implanted themselves firmly in his backside!!

Never did get the throat cutting accomplished!!Hero escaped with nothing but a few cactus spines in his posterior, but with a valuable lesson in his head! Do the killing part with your rifle, senor!!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just goes to show you that it takes all kinds to make up this world. I don't care if I shoot a doe, I always approach from behind and tap the eye with the muzzle. You always have to be sure. Deer don't need antlers to put a hurtin on you. Those hoofs can knock you silly ina hurry.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice to know the deer is dead. Essential to know, if the quarry is a bear, rhino, or Cape Buffalo!!

Quick Reply: Buck Strikes Back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.