Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3

Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default Tikka T3

Hey just wondering what you guys paid (or have seen going for) for your Tikka T3 with the walnut stock. I would like to get a 7mm-08 and really like the looks and good reviews of this rifle. Thanks
Old 11-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Tikka T3

When i got mine they were goin for $580. I got my T3 Lite Stainless for $620.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Wow...I need to look closer at Tikka if they are going for that...
Old 11-29-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Ol JohnnyBoy

Wow...I need to look closer at Tikka if they are going for that...
Yea you should. The price is prob up a little cause of demand from the elections but every Tikka T3 ive seen or heard of shot very well with any ammo. IM gettinga littleover 1" groups with Winchester Super-X 180gr Power Points. IM getting them for $25 a box for my 300 WSM. If i go to Federal 180gr TSX it shoots well under 1" and also the adjustiable trigger is the best ive ever seen on a factory gun.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

When they first came out with the Hunter model they had trouble with the stock cracking, in the Tikka T3 Hunter in a mag caliber. A Tikka and Sako dealer later confirmed this with me after I had all the trouble. Here is my post that I did when I had all the trouble.
I had a Tikka T3 Hunter in a 300 wsm and it will be the last tikka i ever get. First let me say I liked my tikka as far as accuracy it will shot .50 at 100 yards. But after the first 3 shoots I had a crack start in the stock and had to send it back to Beretta it was close to 3 month before I got it back and that stock started cracking in 10 shots sent it back one more time this time I got it back in 4 months will this time the stock did not crack but the accuracy was way off, you no how I said it shot .50 at 100 yards well that was the first 3 shots now it's best is 2.75 at 100 yards and Beretta says they do not have to stand by there accuracy guarantee because I had to have them changed the stock now is that not stupid. because I had them change the stock. the tikka is JUNK and Beretta is Junk
[/align]But where you are looking at a 7mm-08 you should be fine
Old 11-30-2008, 05:12 PM

I just two days ago bought a Tikka T3 Deluxe .243 for 599.99 plus tax...they were asking 630.00.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's wrong with your beloved remington 710? I commend you for a good choice in upgrading both to a good rifle and caliber. AND waking up.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Spike

Now stalkingbear, is that really needed?? I sold my 710 last spring (btw,It shot great and never gave me a problem), I have a Mossberg 100ATR in .308 that I use because I wanted a wooden stockin arifle for under $450. BTW, I love it. Anyhow to the others, thanks for the reply's I am trying to decide between the Tikka T3 hunter, Savage 14 classic or a Rem 700 SPS ifI decide to go synthetic.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 PM

I have a Tikka T-3 hunter synthetic in 338 Federal and absolutely love it, but I think I would go with the Savage 14 classic if I were looking at those 3 models. Tikka uses the same action in both long and short action variations. My Tikka is a short action and there is no external difference between it and a long action. except that the magazine is filled in a bit in the rear and they put some kind of stop on the bolt to shorten the bolt throw. That wasn't a big deal to me so I bought it anyway. I was looking for a specific caliber that wasn't offered anywhere else. Only Tikka and Sako were chambering for the 338 Federal at the time I got it. If it were offered in the Savage line I would have gone that route.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tikka uses the same action in both long and short action variations.
Yep, which is a major reason that the prices of those rifles is as low as they are considering the quality of the parts and how well they shoot.

I bet you that a savage short action receiver is dang near as long as a Tikka receiver.

Quick Reply: Tikka T3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.