Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

B C Miroku

Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 AM

Default B C Miroku

Does anyone know anything about this brand of shotgun. I have a OU that I have had for awhile and was looking to sell. AllI know about it is that it is imported from japan but have no idea of its value. It has a lot of engraving and seems to be a very nice gun butI dont see them offered for sale anywhere.

thanks for your help

Old 11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: B C Miroku

ORIGINAL: nknute

Does anyone know anything about this brand of shotgun. I have a OU that I have had for awhile and was looking to sell. AllI know about it is that it is imported from japan but have no idea of its value. It has a lot of engraving and seems to be a very nice gun butI dont see them offered for sale anywhere.

thanks for your help

I had one imported by Charles Daly in 20 ga. It had two sets of barrels, and was a superb gun - every bit the equal of the Browning Superposed made in Belgium (some will argue this, but hardly anyone who owned one!!). Actually, Japanese engraving tends to be better than that from Europe, because the Japanese WOMEN who do it have better manual dexterity than most men....

I don't know which Japanese outfit made the Brownings and Winchester 101's, but the Miroku outfit DOES make the Browning BLR, and perhaps other Browning guns as well.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Miroku is a city in Japan. There is a major firearms manufacturer in that city. They make all different grades of firearms for several different trade name companies. Such as Browning, Charles Daly, Winchester, and others.

They make some very fine firearms there, but they also make some cheap firearms as well. They build to "specs.". So basically what I am saying is that you could have a high quality build, or a low quality build firearm. Without pictures and grading it is impossible to value your shotgun. Tom.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

Most are almost identical to Brownings. What gauge and barrel length?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

I owned 2 Daly's made by Miroku - a 20 O/U and a 410 O/U. I sold both of them and to this day regret it. They were excellent shotguns.