Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Truglo sight on a Remington 1100 G3 >

Truglo sight on a Remington 1100 G3

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Truglo sight on a Remington 1100 G3

Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Truglo sight on a Remington 1100 G3

I want to buy a set of Truglo® Pro Series Magnum Gobble-Dot. They come in different width:

Available:[*]<1/4" Width - Fits most Remington, Ithaca and Browning A5 and other ribs measuring 7mm.[*]3/8" Width - Fits most Mossberg and Winchester models. Also fits most 10-ga. models.[*]6mm Width - Fits most Browning Gold Hunter Series and Beretta Field Grade models.[*]5/16" Width - Fits most Benelli Super Black Eagle, Benelli Nova, Browning BPS and Browning A-5 models and Ruger Red Label. (To ensure proper fit, we recommend measurin
My gun is a Remington 1100 G3, with a rib width of 7.4 mm. So it looks like the 1/4" (6.35 mm) width is not going to work. My next best choice would be the 5/16" (7.93 mm).

Do you have any experience with this product and how they fit?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Truglo sight on a Remington 1100 G3

I have had experience with this company's sights, and it wasn't good. It wasn't this exactmodel, but the same manufacturer andI would guess you might have the same issue given that the manner of mounting is probably the same for the product.

I bought the sights for an 1100. The front sight went on fine. You'll want to purchase a front sight pusher to properly take out the factory front sight and install the truglow. You can purchase this from Brownell's or Midway, I believe.

The rear sight assembly is plastic. there's a screw and nut mounted in the plastic such that you tighten the screw to snug the sight to the mount on the barrel. Unfortunately it seemed that the amount of torque needed to snug it to the mount resulted in the metal nut turning in the plastic sight and basically stripping. I haven't chased truglow down about this (shame on me), and maybe they have great customer service, but I guess I don't know what customer service would do for me except give me my money back; customer service can't fix a defective design, which is what this is, in my opinion. I ended up leaving the front sight in but putting the factory rear sight back on.