Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

308 or 243?

Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Default RE: 308 or 243?

Heck Fire, just buy both!!!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The .243 is a very fine deer rifle.....and if the wife is interested then she'll like it too.....recoil is small and performance is big.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Spike

Spent a lot of time shooting for accuracy.. it is my gig... I have a Tika T3 in 243 and it is thebest shooting stock rifle I own.. My Savage is second.. it is in 7-08.. I hate recoil due to the Barrett 50 during my Uncle Sam years..

Here is my take.. Tika vs Remington vs Savage.. Tika is by far the best fit and finish I have seen.. also the bolt throw is really at a low angle allowing for you to function bolt without hitting scope...Never an issue on extracting spent round.. my weapon meets Tika's 1in at 100 with ease...

Savage, bolt too high barely clears scope. extraction problems.. drops spent case back into chamber.. did it this year on my blacktail buck and I had to dig round out of chamber... it is now benched... horrible fit and finish...never again will I buy one..

Browning, good accuracy, not in game with either of theothers, best bolt throw, similar to Tika and good fit and finish...